1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ettina, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just came across an NPC same-sex couple in Guild Wars 2.

In this game, as well as choosing your character's race, class, gender and appearance, you can also customize some stuff that affects your storyline later on. In the case of the silvari, which are part-plant elf people, your character has a prophetic dream and then gets born as an instant adult, and you can customize the dream a bit to decide on your storyline.

Anyway, if you dream of a knight who gets killed and gets back up again, you'll end up fighting that knight as your questline. What starts you off fighting the knight is a silvari guy who tells you his lover (who is also male) is about to be killed (by the knight you dreamt of).

I almost missed it, because they don't make a big deal of it at all. As far as I can tell, the silvari seem to think it's no more exceptional than an opposite-sex couple.

Just thought it was neat to see that. And especially since the genders and orientations of the couple is irrelevant to the plot, and none of the characters even comment on it. (I get sick of stories where the LGTB identity of characters is the main point of the plot.)

2. Black Swan

Yes, I play GW2 and I like that part of sylvari lore, absolutely no judgement on sexuality or gender. Also, there's one NPC in the Grove that I swear refers to her friend in a lesbian way.

3. DhammaGamer

I just started playing, I love the Asura, so cute :slight_smile: I'll have to roll a sylvari to check this questline out