1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RainbowMan, May 4, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

I just got a Nexus 4 - although now I realize that might not have been the best choice at this particular point in time with Google I/O coming around the corner, but oh well. My understanding is all that's getting announced at I/O is a 32GB version with LTE. Big snore-fest, especially since T-Mobile HSPA+ actually works fairly well in NYC.

Now I'm carrying around 3 phones, my work Blackberry, my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and my T-Mo Nexus 4. Do I qualify as too much of a geek yet? :slight_smile:

BTW, since I have a good voice plan on my Verizon phone, I just went for the $30/mo prepaid 100 minutes voice/5GB high-speed data/unlimited text plan.

2. starfish

Why still carry the Verizon phone? Just set call forwarding to forward the call to your T-Mobile number.

I'm eligible for an upgrade next month, and I am getting rather frustrated with my Motorola Atrix 2, and Android in general. Actually the phone was much better before I put the ice cream sandwich update on it.

I think I'm going to wait until Google I/O to decide what I am going to do.

That T-Mobile $30/mo plan sounds tempting. Do you get an free night minutes? 100 mins would be good for my day use, but I have a lot of conference calls at night for changes.

3. RainbowMan

Nope, no free night minutes :frowning2:. Just 100 minutes, which is why I don't just forward my VZW phone.

As for night conference calls (or calls in general) I am old fashioned and have the triple play from the cable company, so I have an actual home phone. Another thing that you could try is MaigcJack, though they tend to block lots of conference numbers (but if it's just a number that they don't know is a conference bridge....)

4. Ridiculous

The Nexus 4 is beautiful and lovely and so nice to use. I even convinced my sister to get one.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely agree with this. I've had a Nexus 4 for a few months now and love it and have had no problems at all with it. It's a great choice! :slight_smile:

6. HOLOYOLO

I love my Nexus (Rooted and running a Cyanogenmod Nightly of course).
    Keep calm and #HOLO on!