1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in here into MMO's?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WanderingGhost, May 18, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cause I think we should all agree on an MMO and start playing it and make a little guild in stuff! :3 Lol, LBGT guild FTW. Nah, but I think it'd be fun to take a break from being judged by society and the stress of when and how to come out of the closet and play a little game together.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a big RuneScape noob!
    I also play StarCraft II. :slight_smile:

Those are the only two MMO I've played a lot, but I really love them.

3. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol. I used to be all into MMOs, not so much anymore.

4. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

World of Warcraft, Emerald Dream Server. Not very attached to my current guild, and we could be named the Cherry Blossom Brigad :slight_smile:

5. BudderMC

[rant]OFFSITE CONTACT RULE GUYS!

Geez, I love online gaming as much as everyone else in this thread, but no offsite contact includes no guilding up or playing MMO's together. Full Members can exchange that info if they want, but only privately.

Please please please watch that you don't share info here. I don't want to ban any fellow gamers for not reading the giant yellow banner properly.[/rant]

That said, I'm a pretty big MMO guy myself, for the last... 5 or so years probably. I've played most of the popular free-to-play MMOs, so odds are if you know about it, I do too. Most I've ended up quitting at one point or another though.

Right now I'm actively playing Tera: Rising and League of Legends.

6. Tim

Tim

Not sure why you felt that was a rant. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: No one said anything about sharing info outside of private. xD (EDIT: Just saw the post above yours. Wow, I fail at seeing.)

I play WoW and now I play Minecraft. xD I played FFXI for 7 years.

I wanted to try Ragnarok Online 2, but my computer can't run it.

#6 Tim, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  7. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Holy- Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You're absolutely right. Wait?? So non-full members can't talk privately? Wow, that's pretty sucky for a forum made to help(privately aka within the forum) other people to come out of the closet. Hey your an admin right? I have a request. :C

8. Hefiel

It's mostly there to prevent some random guy preying on young gays to try and hook up with them by joining the forum with a fake identity.

Once you're a Full Member, you can send Private Messages amongst each others with private details, but it's still not recommended. At least that's my understanding so far (one which I'm inclined to agree with anyway).

-----

On topic. I've been playing MMOs since 2003. I was in the Closed Beta for both Dofus and MapleStory, the former probably isn't know by many, but it was pretty popular at its peak (over 1 million subs).

I don't play MMOs as much anymore, mostly because I used them to keep my mind busy and escape reality. I still play a few, namely Mabinogi and Vindictus, but my time spent playing them has drastically reduced. However, I play DOTA 2 (not an MMO) on a daily basis, usually play 1 or 2 games a night before going to bed.

I'm considering jumping back into RIFT now that it's going F2P in June.

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still hop on Mabinogi or Spiral Knights sometimes, but like others in the thread I've played many free MMOs and lost interest soon after. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Hefiel

It's so rare to find people who play Mabinogi :confused:

11. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play Runescape

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No love for Neverwinter? My gf and I just started playing, and it's pretty awesome. All I know about it so far is that it has awesome character customization, and a beautiful world. My biggest beef with MMOs has always been the sub-par graphics, and while they're not quite where they should be yet, they are getting there in a big way.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ecorv33s4ojjpg/original.jpg

13. vyvance

Mostly playing Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XI, and Ragnarok Online 2 lately. Waiting for the releases of Phantasy Star Online 2 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

14. Hefiel

You'll be waiting for quite a while for PSO2 :lol: Been waiting for it as well, but it's been pushed back to an undetermined date. It was fun when I played the JP version, shame about the IP Region Block.

FFXIV I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. I actually enjoyed how much the game had improved before 2.0, and from my little experience with 2.0 so far I haven't really been impressed.

15. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God dangit I wish I could get your name rofl. But I shall obey the rule aforementioned by the Mod.
    How long have you been playing?

16. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around 8 years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Started in 2005 when I was in 6th grade.

I'm usually on the old school servers nowadays though.

#16 That1Guy, May 18, 2013
  17. Tim

Tim

14 had an issue. They took every feature in FFXI people HATED and put that into FF14 and discarded the features people liked.

When subscribers pretty much disappeared a month after FF14 launched, they realized they did something wrong, and went to twitter.

The developers admitted they had never looked at player feedback outside of Japan, and were astonished at the parts of FF11 non-Japanese players liked.

Unfortunately for them, the Japanese playerbase was not big enough to sustain a MMO alone. That's why FFXI was extended to NA and EU.

So that's when they decided to redo FF14. FF14: ARR is pretty much completely different from what I hear, and it's launching with a Summoner class, which was the #1 complaint about FF14 involving classes, the fact they skipped one of the most iconic FF classes. That's also why near the end of FF14 v1, the game got better. They started taking player feedback into account.

I want to play it one day, but like many games, my computer can't run it.

I LOVED FFXI. But then they raised the level cap. I'll never go back. It's just a completely different game now. I'm astonished I loved it for so long after the revelation they never listened to non-JP feedback. I will admit it's nostalgia that makes me think it's horrible now. If I started the game fresh, I'd probably love it. But I can't play it anymore. It's just not the game I grew to love, and I'll always think about the original FFXI.

#17 Tim, May 18, 2013
  18. Mrcake

This site isn't for talking about this kind of stuff. However, it is a good way to talk about the sort of games that you like to play. I used to be a huge runescape noob and I quit when they took away the wildy... and I used to play guild wars for like 4 years.. Now I play Team fortress 2 and mostly xbox.

19. BudderMC

No worries, I've just seen enough threads like this go down south because people forget about the rule, so I thought I'd put in a "friendly" reminder early. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Like others have said, it's mostly to protect the young and vulnerable members from predators and other people generally here for the wrong reasons. An example is that EC isn't a dating site, so the 2 week time period before applying for Full Membership allows us to screen for posts/activity that leads us to believe people aren't here for support and advice. More often than not the 2 weeks/50 posts requirement before getting added communication privileges is enough deterrent for the staff to keep those sorts of people off the site.

You can always PM any of the staff at any point though, we'd be happy to help (and most of us have "come out" at some point). In terms of gaming though, you can certainly meet up with other Full Members; there's a bunch of us in the League of Legends thread that have added each other to our friends lists. :slight_smile:

20. BadCanadaJoke

I LOVE MMOs!!! I've tried almost all of the good ones!
    I currently play Lol, and looking forward to dragon's prophet!!!