1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#xboxreveal

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, May 21, 2013.

1. theMaverick

Thoughts on the new XBOX One?

2. vyvance

Meh. Did nothing for me, same as ps4. Both are very lackluster to me. Gonna need to see some must have games before I'll be able to care about them.

3. Perseus

Excited! :grin: I've never actually owned a game console though, might be my first if I save up enough money XD

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pretty disappointed with it. The graphics were very nice, yes, but the games looked pretty boring so far. Nothing really innovative was announced for it so I'm not really into this one. I think I'll probably stick to my Wii U and may buy a PS4 if they really get my attention.

5. theMaverick

I personally have my xbox 360 and I don't plan on buying anything new right now because I just can't afford it. I didn't watch the whole reveal, but I liked what I saw.

6. Hefiel

Not impressed. The newer consoles are simply getting closer to PC performance, but still lose to PC pretty quickly after a year or two. I'll just stick to PC instead, much less of a headache, even if the consoles have some nice exclusive titles.

Only console I "might" consider getting would be Valve's Steambox, but Valve isn't quite there yet. Mostly because although still be a PC, there will probably be ways to modify it like adding Oculus Rift compatibility, or that other stationary game platform that's been talked about lately. .

7. Hrantou

When they start selling the virtual reality helmets, or the consoles that turn your whole room into the game instead of just the TV, then I will buy it. Until then, my PC works just fine :grin:

8. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I like it, apart from the name. Xbox One doesn't sound as good a Xbox 360. I will buy it though, im staying loyal to the xbox. The next halo is planned for the xbox one, so thats another reason to look forward to it.

9. Hysteria

I've had a great time with the 360, which I was hesitant about purchasing before, so I think I'll give the Xbox One a shot as I don't want to miss out on any Xbox exclusives such as Halo. Though I probably won't buy it straight away, not least until some popular titles have been released for it.

10. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I didn't watch the stream or however it was shown, but I follow a lot of gaming YouTubers on Twitter and get their tweets to my phone, also seeing lots of post on Tumblr about it. It just looks like a very simple box, unlike the 360 with curves, and seems more of a telly than a gaming console. A lot of people said that they were basically talking about sports too, not sure if they meant games or if they're showing sports channels, but I'm not a fan of sports anyway.
    I'm no good with performance or anything, no idea what gobblety goop means, but it does seem pretty good according to people who know about it!
    I doubt I'll be able to afford it for another 10 years anyway, though we've always been an Xbox family. The name does sound silly, this is the third Xbox, why call it One now?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Tiny Catastrophe

I like my 360 just fine and it's definitely going to be a pain when all the new games will be for the Xbox One because I don't have the money to spend on another console nor do I want to.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, no cheap used games, no loaning games, every-24-hours internet checks or it locks you out, mandatory Kinect. Unless a hell of a lot is changed, no thanks. :slight_smile:

13. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly the next gen isn't really blowing my mind. Ps4 was seriously disappointing to me, WiiU looked cool, but slightly unnecessary, and xbox is average, but there's nothing all that special about it so far.

With that said, I'm sure they'll show us something at E3 to change our minds.

14. All Star

All Star Guest

Nope. I'll stick to PC gaming.... PS4 and One have both been very lackluster.

15. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I wasn't impressed at all. It seems like consoles are getting less original each time that a new one is released. The ps4 looks boring too. I have a ps3, and the only reason I would upgrade is if they were to cut off the online services for it, which won't happen anytime soon.

16. Tim

Tim

Pretty much every single person I know said they're sticking with their 360 and will probably get a Wii U if they feel the urge for a new consle after the lackluster announcement.

17. Ridiculous

Poor console gamers *pats on head*.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like my general purpose computer better.

19. That Kid

Very disappointed. Not only is there a lack of original games or any kind of originality whatsoever, but it seems the majority of the new features on it are focused on making it an 'entertainment system' and not a 'game console.'

Not to mention there's no backward compatibility, a fee to play secondhand games, and xbox live will be a lot more expensive.

I'll just stick to my Gamecube thank you very much.

20. Hefiel

Yeah, Microsoft has had that weird mentality as of late where it's less about the games and more about the "Entertainment" in a general sense (Sports channel with real-time player updates, etc).