1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTRO- to all LOTR fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mysz, May 21, 2013.

1. Mysz

Mm.. curious to see who plays this one. It would be nice to have some people to complain to about the updates :grin: It's gotten a large influx of new players these past few months, or at least the server I play on did.
    LOTRO- Lord of the Rings Online. Pretty spiffy actually! The epics have an interesting take on the storyline and the gameplay is very much like that of WoW.

2. Ridiculous

LOTRO has the most considerate and best executed adaptation of Tolkien's works ever.

Apart from the fact that there is plate armour. And a few of the big bosses take a lot of suspension of disbelief (*cough* Thaurlach, Draigoch *cough*) but they at least tried to make them believable.

Every lore-break can be forgiven though because of how well they did The Shire.

3. Mysz

I agree, the Shire was excellent. Busybody hobbits who like to poke their noses in other's business (Like cranky old Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, though she hasn't been seen in lotro yet) and some who just want to eat and have a good time (like everyone else).
    Plus, at least you get good loot from Draigoch, once you've forgiven the whole video-game style battle.
    The whole of the Eastemnent Rohan expansion also surpassed my expectations, and I hope this new region of Wildermore will also.

4. Ridiculous

I'm pretty sure Lobelia is outside her new hole. Or at least she was during the beta like 6 years ago. I haven't played for a while.

#4 Ridiculous, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013