1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What ISP do you use?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rexmond, May 27, 2013.

1. Rexmond

I can't bare the connection here anymore in the countryside, and I feel like my current ISP isn't helping. I've never had any problems with internet connection before, it's only here at my parents' house where it sucks. DCs every 5 minutes, pages taking 5 minutes to load, and impossible to use things like YouTube.

Currently using Sky, but I want to change to BT which I hear is good, but will it make a difference because of my location?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine is Optimum, which is using the infrastructure of Bresnan, which I believe it bought out. The other telecom in my area is CenturyLink. If you have CenturyLink, I recommend carrier pidgeons instead.

3. HOLOYOLO

University Internet for me. Really wishing Google Fiber would roll out in my Area.

4. Rexmond

Hopefully, we should be switching to BT soon. I don't know if it will help because of the location. I hope very much so.

5. Spurned

Spurned Guest

My Dad uses BT because he works with BT and gets free Broadband, and it is SO slow, though it could be because of where he lives. You can watch YouTube videos at his, but it goes a little slower than it should.

At my Mums, we use Plusnet because we're in Yorkshire and it's really good. The only problem is you can't get Unlimited Broadband, or at least it says Unlimited and you get 60GB of download a month. That or my Mum's lying and it's too expensive for us. :grin: Ironically the website's down so I can't check if there is Unlimited or not, ahaha.

6. Rexmond

Would you recommend Plusnet in Cambridgeshire countryside? I can't seem to find any information about what's good in the countryside - everything just says it sux.

7. All Star

All Star Guest

I use AT&T U-Verse, 54 MBPS plan.

8. starfish

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even if it is an April First RFC, I think that's terrific. Thanks for brightening my day! (*hug*)

10. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I have no idea what Plusnet's like elsewhere than where I live :frowning2: Not many people I know use it, but being in the heart of Yorkshire (ish ._.) I guess it's a strong signal.

I Googled for "Plusnet in Cambridgeshire" and it came up with comparing best broadband speeds and deals in Cambridge, link, it looks like Virgin Media has a brilliant coverage but the reviews I've heard about them, they don't sound too good. Second is BT, so your change to BT might be a good idea. :slight_smile:

11. Rexmond

Since my parents house is like the edge of Cambridge, in Welney, I'm hoping that by changing it will make the difference. We use Virgin Media at my brother's house where I stay during school weeks, and rarely have problems. It's super fast too. I wish there was a way to check in all locations instead of just the major towns, every search for Welney just brings up the broadband packages that are available in this area.

12. KnownSecret

We had centurylink up when we lived out in the middle of nowhere it sucked so bad, paying for high speed and end up getting dial up haha. Now we use Xfinity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: which is a lot better then centurylink for sure :roflmao:

13. RainbowMan

I use Optimum/Cablevision. I have the 101Mbps down and 15Mbps up plan, I was downloading last night at 11.4MB/sec :slight_smile:

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Time Warner.

The Internet service itself isn't bad, but Time Warner is insanely expensive.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know why they're bad, right? It's because they used to be Qwest, but they "became" CenturyLink. They made a huge deal out of this rebranding. Now, it would have maybe caused wonderment if I had never been a Qwest customer. But, I have been a Qwest customer, and therefore doubled over with laughter every time their rebranding commercials came on.

16. Eric

We use The Evil Empire Rogers here. 25mbps, unlimited data, for ~$80 a month or so. Split several ways, the price isn't SO abhorrent. #canadianispssuck

17. Bolin

Back when I was paying for internet, I used Charter Communications. It's really fast (downloaded things at a snap of my finger) and can handle a lot of devices (One time, there 3 computers (two of which were downloading things), 2 game systems, and 2 phones hooked up to the internet, and I was able to play an online game with absolutely no lag). Cost me about $45-50 a month.