1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent video editing software?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spurned, May 27, 2013.

1. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I'm wanting to start making YouTube videos as after my final exam I'll have 10 weeks free until college, and fair to say I don't have many friends around me. I also like making people laugh and I love gaming, so it'd be a great thing to do. It'd also help my confidence I think! :grin:

I use Audacity to record my voice - on a pretty rubbish mic but thankfully Audacity gives you the option of boosting the volume of it once recorded - and Fraps to record the gameplay and gameplay audio. The problem is, I don't have a good editing software that will keep the quality of the video when editing and saving it. I tried Windows Movie Maker but of course, it came out at awful quality.

Does anybody know any good, and most likely free because I don't own a bank card or money right now, video editing software that can chop videos up easily and keep up high quality? I'm new to this whole thing and have no idea how to record in different "p" for YouTube - such as 1080p, although 720p will do me just fine - and other things linked.

Any recommendations would be great. Thank you in advance. (*hug*)

2. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

iMovie, I use it to edit stuff up all the time. If you want to go with something more professional, you could go with Final Cut Pro, but it's really expensive, and hard to use.

3. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I have Windows :frowning2: Yeah Final Cut Pro seems so awesome, I just can't afford it which really sucks.

4. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I appear to have lost the Edit button or there isn't one, but in my defence I'm ill and not exactly "with it" right now. :dry:

I've found something called "Lightworks" which apparently some real movies have been made with, I don't know. The free (hopefully not a trial, unless false advertising) version looks like everything I need, I have to pay for some sort of decode and encode thing but all I really want to do is put HQ videos and some mp3 files in, mix them together, chop them up a bit and export/make HQ finalised videos ready for YouTube.

Oh. I see. The Edit button only comes up after I've refreshed the page. I got a bit sidetracked with a Wall Post. OOPS.

#4 Spurned, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a note: Final cut pro was great... then final cut pro X came out....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKYuF9pENQ[/YOUTUBE]

6. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Oh, wow. :lol:

7. tigerlionkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not saying yoy should do anything illegal but you could torrent something oike final cut or a editing software.

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Windows Movie Maker is my personal favorite.

9. Night Rain

Adobe Premiere. But if you're looking for something free, Windows Movie Maker gets the job done.

10. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Not trying to be blunt, but yeah.

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Another suggestion:
    It's a bit outdated but Adobe recently released legit activation codes for their CS2 applications (Premiere is the editing one) - they're up to CS6 now but if you're doing basic stuff the CS2 version should be more than good enough. And since it's a legit version downloaded from the Adobe site it's less likely to mess with your computer than versions obtained by "other means" :wink:. Google adobe cs2

12. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I tend to look for the high rated "other means" types and they seem okay :wink: I shouldn't risk it as much though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thank you so much!

EDIT: I searched it and realised they run up to Windows XP, *whispers* Please run on Windows 7, some of them don't work, pleasepleaseplease.

Shall test tomorrow :grin:

---------- Post added 30th May 2013 at 01:21 AM ----------

I don't understand iso's, cracks and the whole Daemon thing, I really don't wanna mess with it :frowning2: It's hard to find torrents that are just registered .exe's of the file. I only use torrents really to download movies and albums because my netbook doesn't have a disc drive. Should've checked for that before I bought it :dry: Silly me.

13. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like Adobe Series. They are pretty awesome. Mostly After Effects, Prmiere Pro.
    I use to use Audacity a lot for sounds.
    Being trying to learn Flame and hopefully Nuke.

14. SilverGirl

i use Sony Vegas series, im not too good at editing stuff on it yet, but it looks like a really great tool

15. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use sony vegas