1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose or M-Audio PC speakers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dustin Broke, May 27, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Is the Bose Companion 2 Series II better than the M-Audio AV-30 speakers? They both are around the same price. If you guys think the M-Audio AV-30 is better I can just sell the Bose I have and get that instead. I' am just compairing two speakers only though.

Thanks

2. vyvance

Bose is crap, and the other speakers you posted have better frequency response anyway. Go with the M-audio.

#2 vyvance, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Are the Bose speakers I have that bad? I got them for $90 since it was on sale but are they really that bad? Since they don't sound that bad to me but I just wondered what will be the difference on the M-Audio AV-30 MKII are. they are on clearance at Best Buy for $88 now.

---------- Post added 27th May 2013 at 10:07 PM ----------

Btw are you saying Bose sucks since everyone else says it? Or have you really heard the Companion 2 Series II and you think they don't sound good? I want to know what others think about the two speakers also and hear some feedback. Thank You

4. vyvance

Just look up the specs for similarly priced speakers to see why bose is bad.

The ideal for frequency response is 20hz to 20khz. Before you even get into how well the speakers perform at any given frequency, the bose you linked are only 120hz to 20khz while the m-audio are slightly better at 90hz to 20khz. As for performance at given frequencies, neither speaker performs great in low end or high end frequency charts, but the m-audio definitely perform better in both aspects.

5. Mrcake

I wouldn't recommend either. As a music producer, I have a lot of experience in this field. It depends on what you want these speakers for. Are you using them for music, producing, general listening, bass-related music etc.? If you want general speakers for listening to music, check out Akai brands. Akai has good pricing, good audio fidelity, and will last you a while. I also recommend JBL as a brand. Check these speakers out Here

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

No highs. No lows. Must be bose.

You might be able to find a pair of klipsch pro media 2.1 for a decent price.

7. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well I can't afford a nice high end system so that's why I got something affordable. I thought Bose was a good brand but just was wondering if the M-Audio AV-30 MKII was better or so. I think since Bose has the truespace DPS feature and auto tone controls it makes it sound like have good low ends like at low volume. I do hear bass but not the low low bass that bigger speakers make but for 2.5" I thought these did have a lot of bass. It seemed like the M-Audio AV series was popular also so I was just wondering if they were good also. But I wonder so far none of your guys like Bose. Aren't there actualy people who like Bose? Like there computer speakers?

8. photoguy93

I have never listened to either of the specific systems you mention, but I have to say this - I absolutely love Bose. I remember hearing a Bose system for the first time - I think it was in my grandparents car - and I just loved it.

Our new car has a Bose system...and wow. Just wow. It's absolutely amazing. For our little car, it's almost too much...haha.

So here's my commentary.....I don't think you'll ever go wrong with a Bose system. Is there better out there? I don't know. It never hurts to look!

9. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I did sell the Bose speakers since most you guys said that they are not good. I think I will get a set of headphones instead then it will have great sound and is affordable. I was thinking to get the Sony MDR-XB300 or the Koss KTXPRO1 or something like that. Or I might get the Sony XBA 1 earbuds. So far I have placed a bid for the Sony MDR-XB300 on Ebay so if I win I will get the XB300 if not then I can just get the Koss or something else. Or try to find the XB300 on Ebay again.

10. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I did win the Sony MDR-XB300 headphones for $19.75. It was like new the seller said and works great.