1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minecraft!!!!!!!! :d

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ILikeIceCream, May 28, 2013.

1. I have been addicted to Minecraft for almost a year now and it is affecting my social life... a.k.a. I now have 0 friends and I am a serious procrastinator... please help me:help:

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started playing it the other day, and I was overwhelmed. Go to the tutorial area (if you're on xbox) and dig a tunnel pretty deep around the place where you learn about circuits and pistons. You'll eventually hit a cave and it.... it's just huge. It's the biggest damn cave ever. Like I thought Skyrim was bad when I got it but Minecraft... It's overwhelming. I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. You can have me for a friend! :grin:

3. KnownSecret

I love minecraft its a great game (VERY ADDICTING) haha I cannot come close to building anything other people can build that's why I always stick to mods such as buildcraft/industrialcraft ;P haha

4. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I got Minecraft on Xbox about this time last year and then I got it on PC last August, it's pretty awesome. I mainly play FTB or Tekkit now instead though, plain MC has got a bit boring because I can't build decent constructs and the idea of Survival is a little boring now, so building up to something on FTB/Tekkit/Voltz/etc sounds much more appealing.

5. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just played this game... all night. I'm so exhausted. Why did I do this? I wanted to build an awesome mansion. I still didn't finish. It's bigger and safer than the starting castle though, and I haven't even left the tutorial area yet. I corralled a bunch of livestock, planted new oak trees, mined into a cave, planted a wheat field and I JUST got to the first sundown. I take advantage of the games tutorial mode a little bit. :grin:

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm starting to get back into playing Minecraft after a long break of it, with all the new updates that means I have a lot of new things to learn.

I remember on a SMP server I built my home into a butte like structure with a whole labrinyth of tunnels which connected to a large hallway. I never finished my whole project for an underground city but it was my first time putting so much work into a Minecraft project.

7. FishyMango

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Minecraft. <3 I bought the game maybe... in 2011 I think? Still playing it just about everyday now. My favorite part is the redstone. I love the things that can be done with redstone. I'm excited for the next update though. HORSES! Gonna be so awesome.

8. echiuria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YOU CAN NEVER PLAY ENOUGH MINECRAFT, STOOPED

No but seriously, Minecraft got kind of boring for me. :\ After playing so much of it and starting so many new games, Minecraft lost its luster. I still play it every once in a while, but it's not as fun as when I started. ;__;

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

My best friend and I play this solo, together, and often discuss things we have seen or done with our own worlds.

He's stumped by my personal fascination to dig out extensive mines and "reform" them by creating stairs, signs, clear paths, and various way stations we can rest and store thing within. He keeps telling me I should build real things, but he doesn't complain when I dig up lots of ore and stone for his creations....

10. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love minecraft :grin: Hunger Games servers are fun ;3

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already posted my fanciest constructions on the other thread, so I won't clog this one up. But I luurve MC. <3

With one caveat, at least: I need to play with a texture pack. The original textures are downright poo compared to the John Smith 32x pack. :slight_smile:

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I love Minecraft too, no matter what, if I stop playing it I always come back to it, it's just a game that I cant quit. Planning to set up a server in about a month again and play some PvE then probably PvP after a few months. PvE is fun, but there's just no challenge... Although certain mods can make it fun, there's a couple mods I have and a few that I've made personally that allow certain mobs to spawn on conditional nights, that can destroy blocks and have better AI, so you actually have to defend the area you're building in. Never gone back since, being able to live indefinitely in a 1x2 hole is just not good. Last time on the server me and about 10 others guys made such a massive fortress and loaded it with nuclear reactors and tesla coils from IC2, to defend against these mobs that can destroy blocks, was so awesome.

Even with advanced AI and like 30+ mods though it's still not as much of a challenge as PvP, which is why I usually end up making a PvP world too, 0 rules :3 so fun with mods like ICBM to be able to launch attacks from thousands of blocks away and track enemies, place traps etc.

... Damn I'm making myself want to play Minecraft already x.x

All the best.

13. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love building cities, I love to see how a city evolves and grows. Whenever I get an idea I go on there and build it. Just today I converted the village church building into an office for the "mayor". I even built a city waterworks and sewer system.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to be wary of Minecraft more than religious extremists. Why? Because once I press that little seemingly harmless cube of dirt and grass, it starts taking away all my precious time I need to use on projects, most of which are homework. And I kinda need that to present to businesses when applying for jobs.

15. Sarcastic Luck

I haven't played it in ages, but I honestly need to get back into it.

I'll still never forget the time me, my friend, and his friend built a giant dick, took pictures, then blew it up with TNT. Good times.

Anyways, what mods do people recommend? I mainly just either use vanilla or Technic.

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mo' Creatures. It's a little obnoxious in that it turns your world into an endless zoo, but it radically enhances the game.

17. Zaio

Zaio Guest

IndustrialCraft 2, Buildcraft, Mo' Creatures, Weeping Angels, John Mod, Rei's Minimap, Slender Mod, BetterWorld Mod, Smart Moving Mod, ExtraBiomesXL, Balkon's WeaponMod, The Lantern's Mod, ToroJima's ChocoCraft, Mob Spawn Controls, Mutant Creatures Mod, Jammy Furniture Mod, Pam's Clay Spawn, Pam's Weee Flowers, Pam's Temperate Plants, Fossils and Archaeology Revival, Optifine.

All the above mods are the ones I am currently using and are completely SMP compatible, I use them on my server and they run nicely.

All the best.

18. BlueLines

I know that this thread is a little old, but I was thinking about setting up a vanilla server for the community here and wondered if anyone was interested.

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be up for that, but are you sure that's not against the rules?

20. srslywtf

Just whatever you do don't start playing tekkit/feedthebeast... minecraftx999999! All you sex-box suckers dont know what you're missing out on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Luckily I'm kinda over it. I still watch a little yogscast and such.

Honestly, find a local multiplayer server and get to know people, then get into using voice comms with them, then arrange to meetup. Friends!