1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of Empires 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ScatteredEarth, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

I personally love this game, and the concept around it, so my question to you guys is:

Have you guys played this game, do you still play it, and would you be interested in the making of a 4th Age of Empires?

2. batears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hell yes, A fourth age of empires would be awesome.

3. ScatteredEarth

It's a shame Ensemble died though. They kinda botched up with Halo Wars..

4. Sarcastic Luck

There technically was a fourth AoE. "Age of Mythology". Plus there's Age of Empires online.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Age of Mythology came out before Age of Empires III.

Plus it's a spinoff with a lot of emphasis on mythological creatures and only a few empires to choose from.

Age of Empires IV would probably set more toward the modern era, continuing on the tradition (Age of Empires: ancient. Age of Empires II: medieval. Age of Empires III: colonial.)

6. ScatteredEarth

I personally think that they should go back in time, because modern day empires just seems too boring to me. I'd like to see somewhere along the lines of Ancient - Colonial in one big game and instead of 5 ages, why not 6 or 7. It would make MP games even more interesting.

7. Paper Crane

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would totally be interested in a fourth one. A friend of a friend often organises AOE Lans, generally with AOE II which are always pretty fun :slight_smile:. It would be interesting to see what they could do with it now.

8. ScatteredEarth

AoE II was alright, I havent tried the remake though, did they change any gameplay?

9. SlickyPants

I loved AOE II: The Age of Kings and the Conquerers expansion and I still play it every now and then.

I bought the third game when it came out and played it and enjoyed it quite a bit although I never quite got into it as much as the second game. I think it had more to do with me working several jobs and didn't much time for gaming, let alone something with the complexity of an Age of Empires game.

I have never bothered to reinstall it since then but I think I might give it a go since my work schedule is quite a bit thinner than it was 8 years ago.

10. vky

vky

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same as SlickyPants, still play AOE II conquerors, that was a great game!

From my POV AOE III killed the fun a bit :frowning2:

We should meet to have internet game sometime!

11. ScatteredEarth

That would be pretty cool to do, I wouldn't mind an EC AoE game, we should see if we could get that arranged or something.

12. Eric

I see you're both regular members so I'm just going to remind you not to share offsite contact info (which includes any AoE IDs) until you can private message each-other when you're both full members. :slight_smile:

13. I have Age of Empires I, II, and III, with all the expansions, as well as Age of Kings for DS. Needless to say, I am quite fond of AOE. I would most definately be interested in a IV. I am undecided on whether it should be modern or go back in time, but there is one feature I know I want: the ability to lock or cap the tech level in skirmish and multiplayer. One thing I didn't like was getting in the mood for pikes and crossbows in AOE III, and having everybody else run around with Imperial Age troops.