1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Nintendo's Direct @ E3?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Luke Matt, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Luke Matt

So I guess I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but that's not to say that there aren't some good games coming out! (albeit for a very long time >_>'...). My thoughts:

- Disappointed with Retro Studios developing another Donkey Kong Country game. I was really hoping for another Metroid game (reboot of the franchise or a continuation of the Prime trilogy on Gamecube)... Nintendo needs to seriously start taking advantage of their next-gen/HD console and a new HD Metroid title would've been perfect for that...
    - X looks pretty promising, but it's not a title I'll probably rush out and buy.
    - Smash Brothers. I mean, it kinda speaks for itself. Amazing, can't wait to see more character/level design reveals. Wii Fit Trainer looks hilarious! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    - I'm really excited about Wind Waker HD. I never played the original game so I'm looking forward to playing it. I really like the art style!
    - Mario Kart 8 looks great, but it's not coming for ages... (most likely a late 2014 release)
    - Mario 3D World. Hm... Look, I loved Mario 3D Land on my 3DS, but I just don't think that this game is suited for the console (it seems like it should've belonged on the 3DS). Would've preferred a Galaxy/64-esque rendition of Mario for the Wii U, so it's a little disappointing.
    - Pokemon X and Y - can't wait! n_n (although we already knew this was coming).
    - No word on the new Zelda HD game. I would've at least liked a mention or a couple of screen shots or something, but I can't say I was really expecting anything on this front anyway.

So, your thoughts? :slight_smile:

2. Tim

Tim

[youtube]lBoL1Ic9uWw[/youtube]

Best part of the announcement for anything, aside from Vivilion and Fairy type in Pokemon. xD

Mario Kart 8 and Super Mash Bros for the Wii U pretty much will save the "failure" that is the Wii U. I'm not sure why Nintendo considered it a failure before their MAIN NINTENDO TITLES were released on it. *shrug* XD

3. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I completely agree, I was pissed to see that this was their big, secret project. I really wanted to see a new Metroid or F-Zero...

I'm excited for the new Smash Bros. I will admit that I was disappointed with only three newcomers being announced, and I was (and still am, to be honest) morbidly pissed at the Wii Fit Trainer. Sakurai indicated a few times that there won't be as many newcomers, so to waste a slot on THAT? Really? :tantrum: But other than that it looks awesome, and from the stuff I've read it seems like its mechanics will be more like Melee's than Brawl's, which I'm happy about.

Wind Waker HD looks good. Normally I don't get too excited about remakes, but I don't mind having an updated version.

Mario Kart 8 looks awesome. I can't wait to try it, but, like you said, likely a 2014 release, unfortunately.

Once again, you took the words right out of my mouth

Normally I don't play Pokemon, but X and Y...I just have to try them. They look too promising.

I actually read somewhere that development on the game is moving along quickly, and Miyamoto actually considered showing it off at E3, but ultimately decided against it. And Fujibayashi did say that, because Skyward Sword took so long to release, he would "think of something that could be done in 3 years," so even though it wasn't shown, I think they're pretty far into development. Or at least farther than we might suspect.

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, let's do this...

- Pokemon X and Pokemon Y look so darn good it's unreal. Fairy types look fun. :slight_smile:
    - Super Mario 3D World. Looks pretty cool. According to people on my twitter who have played the demo, it plays more like Galaxy than the trailer lets on. I'm excited.
    - Donkey Kong. Would've liked something brand new as Retro's project, but oh well. Might pick it up.
    - Mario Kart usually doesn't excite me that much, but MK8 looks amazing! Also to note, it runs at 60fps (the same as Battlefield 4 on PS4 and X1 O__O).
    - X. Oh god, X. Xenoblade Chronicles is my favourite game ever and this successor looks so much better. It doesn't get nearly enough coverage. As the second in Nintendo's most recent IP, I think it'll pick up soon. I promise you, if it's anything like its predecessor, then you NEED this game.
    - Smash Bros is Smash Bros, which means is really awesome. Mega Man looks hella fun. Also, people, keep in mind that these three newcomers aren't the only ones. They aren't gonna show all the characters at the first moment and if Brawl's anything to go by, we won't know all the characters even when it is first released.
    - I never played the original Wind Waker, so Wind Waker HD really excites me. It looks beautiful.

5. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Nintendo's E3 was good. Not great, but all the games look promising and there were a few nice surprises, Wii Fit Trainer made me lol. I was mostly disappointed with Retro Studio's new game (dammit where's my Metroid :icon_sad:slight_smile: but overall Nintendo showed enough to convince me to buy a Wii U. It's a shame that Bayonetta 2, X and Wonderful 101 don't get the attention they deserve.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering E3 was basically a shitstorm, I think Nintendo did very well.

7. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Pikmin! PIKMIN!!
    [​IMG]
    I know It wasn't on the Nintendo Direct video, but I love me some Pikmin. :grin:

Also, I'm excited for the new Smash Bros games. I wonder why Nintendo is doing this with the characters; it just makes me want to play it more. :grin: I mean, Wii fit trainer - unexpected, interesting - and then comes the Villager.

The fairy type I was not expecting. I thought Sylveon was just going to be a normal type, so, yeah, nice surprise.

Does anyone remember when it was declared that Shigeru Myamoto was making his own game? And if it was announced as something already, then I cannot believe I didn't know.

Another 3D Mario game? OK, that's good, I guess, With Cat Mario. Meow! Interesting what the story is if Princess Peach is A playable character...

8. lawRAWR

I think that X looks like a pretty good game, initially, it instantly reminded me of a game which was a cross between Monster Hunter and Xenoblade; which is pretty good.

I really wish Nintendo would step away from re-making Zelda titles, if I am being truly honest. I haven't got a 3DS or a Wii U and was hoping that the E3 conference would help me choose which console to buy. If I'm being honest, it hasn't really persuaded me to buy either. I really liked Skyward Sword because it was a huge step away from what they normally do, and I prefer the more realistic look, especially if it's going to be in HD!

Pokemon X and Y look really good though, I just don't know whether I'd like it or not. I bought pokemon White for my Nintendo DSi and I never even finished it. I really didn't enjoy it. I deleted my file and the cartridge is just sat there, empty xD

9. Stripe101

The guy said he was in a conference room, but he looked like he was in front of a green screen.