1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft U-Turns on XBox One

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Beware Of You, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Finally I think MS realised the non DRM PS4 would have killed the new Xbox

"

BBC News - Microsoft U-turn in Xbox One games row

2. I am so glad. Some of the rules they came up with were really stupid. I might consider buying one now.

3. Juggalo

but will it prove too little, too late? to use a phrase i learned today (spread it around lol), they've been stepping on their dicks a lot lately. and while the xbox180 appeals to consumers now, investors are gonna be pissed. not to mention restructuring their next few fiscal plans

4. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know this came about after the whole, "No internet? No XBox One for you; just a 360" comment. The other members of the company were on the side of the stage going:
    [​IMG]

That aside, I'm fairly sure Microsoft has pissed off enough people, that they will not reach the potential they could have if they took the route they are going now at the start.

I love my 360 way more than my PS3, but after this crap they pulled, even I am thinking of going with the PS4, even though, in time, I will get the XBox One, but it'll be a good, long while before that happens.
    They opened their mouth, and all the ego spilled out. Shot themselves in the foot, and now they're trying to apply a band-aid without adhesion. Poor guys.

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still not gonna buy one, but this is a good move for them. They've still massively screwed themselves over. It doesn't matter too much to me, as Microsoft has no exclusives that interest me, but good news for Halo fans I guess.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If not for the crappy preorders, they would have kept all the anti-consumer features. All those things were a giant flashing middle finger they just stuck behind the fridge and made it look like they do care about us.

They don't. It's admirable that they would actually reverse a horrible decision, but they should have also removed all that crap about TV and sports, announced some more exclusives (seeing as PS4 owns basically everything worth buying atm) and taken out the built-in Kinect/dropped the price another $150. THEN I would consider it.

7. Beware Of You

I don't get why you want live TV on a game console plugged into your TV. Its dumb. Cable and Satellite give a huge number of channels, unless game consoles come with a decoder for cable built in they will be a redundant feature, but that will never happen.

8. Night Rain

Don't forget about forced Kinect. It's still there. I don't like a potential spying device in my room.

9. Naomilly92

I think the Xbox One was dead from the beginning

10. mattay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too little too late tbh. This whole used game situation has already damaged their reputation (for me at least.)

11. Beware Of You

You could just cover the lens

12. Night Rain

That wouldn't work. Anyway, I 'think' it's OK to turn it off now apparently.

13. SecretlyASloth

My bro works for Microsoft, and from what he says, its not strictly a gaming device. I intend to buy one, (I'm not a gamer) due to it's Web, netflix, etc...capabilities. From what he said about the gaming side, he says it's a different type of gaming then before. "Not exactly what many people will be used to"

14. ptacub

ptacub Guest

I'm personally planning to skip this generations of consoles because none of the consoles interest me personally. If I had to pick one, however, I would go for the PS4, but at this rate I think it would be money better spent on upgrading my horrendously outdated PC.

As a user of Microsoft products, they've disappointed me greatly with the Xbox One and Windows 8. Looks like I might start looking at other alternatives (like my long awaited move to Linux Mint :wink:, which isn't so far-fetched considering companies are taking Linux gaming seriously now)

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds to me like marketing mumbo-jumbo for "It's a ton of price-raising features that gamers don't want but a different target demographic might, so screw you guys." :/

16. person54

I feel like they are trying to make a machine that has all this other stuff so that it compells people who wouldn't normally buy a game console to want to buy one. I mean if it resonates well enough and people love the idea of a box with apps for your tv maybe it does phenomanally well but apple tv didn't do it and it just seems a little farfetched and risky.

17. starfish

So what is this TV on XBox thing of which your speak? I don't have cable TV, I have a TiVo, that I use to record over the ait stuff, but am wanting to replace it. So can it act as a PVR?

If it does that, amazon VOD, netflix, and bluray I might just buy one.