1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help, laptop mouse pad not clicking

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OrangeE, Jul 1, 2013.

1. OrangeE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, wondering if someone could help me here

I have an Acer Extensa 5630EZ laptop that was working fine up until yesterday evening.

The problem is that the bottom left built in "mouse" button has stopped functioning - the main one you use to click on anything. It still clicks in but does not register on the computer. The right button, however, is fine and works normally. The touch pad works to the extent of being able to move the cursor around the screen but has also lost the ability to click in to control the display.

Nothing unusual has happened to the computer that might make this happen, but it is 4 years old.

I have opened the computer up and nothing seems to be immediately noticeably wrong, but then I am no electronics guru. I have checked for driver updates and it says it is all up to date

Currently I have made a temporary solution by changing the mouse settings to move primary control to the right mouse button, and then just use an external mouse if I want to typically "right click" something, but obviously I want to get it fixed in the long run. Any suggestions?

2. AAASAS

You can just double tap on your mousepad anyways(the part were you scroll around the screen) this operates as a click as well.

I'd also open your system setting, and look under keyboard or mouse controls to see if maybe it is set in another language, or mode, this can sometimes mess up your keys and mouse. I currently can't use the question mark on my keyboard because I fucked with the language setting on my keyboard, I am too lazy to fix it.

Also try restoring your keyboard or mouse setting to factory defaults.

---

Double tapping your mouse pad is the best option.