1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing My "New" Self

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 800xcrunner, Jul 8, 2013.

1. 800xcrunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everybody! For the purposes of this website, I'd like to go by my middle name, Ray, and I am pretty new to this website! I came across the website a few months ago, and I have been hooked ever since! I found the thread on funny stories of coming out the most relieving thing I read online. It was great to hear positive success stories about people doing what to many may be the hardest thing they've done in their life! I hope to also have some funny stories soon. I currently am out to 10 people: 9 I've told and the 10th being one of the two guys I've ever had a somewhat intimate relationship with. I recently accepted who I was about 3 years ago, when I got really close with a girl (best friend) that has been the best friend a guy could ask for going through this! The reason I joinef the site is because I could really use an outlet to discuss what has happened to me, what has shaped me, and who I really am. I think my best friend can only take so much about my sexuality that she never saw coming! She also used to have a crush on me in high school, so it's almost surprising our relationship is so strong!

On a side note, I'd like to have some good positives before I decide to come out to my family. I know thry'd be supportive, but it is still a huge step! They have a friend that came over and on the mention of a gay male couple holding hands, he said "those people used to get picked on when I was in school." Those are the comments that make me appreciate this site even more! Also being an athlete in high school, and a continuing runner now, oftentimes the other guys around make it impossible to be yourself in this regard! I hope to meet lots of new people so we can all support eachother on this issue!

2. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Hi and you made the big first step in making life much easier for yourself and it's really nice to talk to people and discuss your feelings with them as it certainly does relieve some inner stress.
    I'm Gavin and I live in the UK, and it's nice to meet you.
    Coming out to everyone is a very hard thing to do, I wish I had done it earlier on in life and at 44 I am still finding things tough but with the support of this forum we will be able to guide and help one another.

3. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Hello, welcome to EC Ray.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :welcome to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Xochipilli

Hi! Well, it sounds like you're going strong. Glad you like it here.
    Welcome to EC! :grin:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!