1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heyhey out there :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by misssunshine91, Jul 10, 2013.

1. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a 21 year-old German girl, study medicine, do a lot of sports and I like women very much ;-)
    Not yet out to a whole lot of people, currently only my mum and my 2 best friends know about it, and I hope to find some advice here, some help maybe, how to deal with this whole "coming out thing".

Love :slight_smile:

2. rjrh20

Welcome to EC, as you can see in my intro, I have not completely come out and I wont anytime soon. I do have advice that I can pass on that I got from other people though.

1. Ok so don't just tell everyone at once, take it slow and let yourself adjust to coming out while everyone else is adjusting to it as well.

2. Do not come out over a social media thing, facebook, twitter, instagram, ect.

3. Don't let people stop you from coming out, friends or parents. If you want to come out, come out don't let people talk you out of it.

I have not done any of these or anything, this is just advice that was given to me.

3. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you cutie :slight_smile:

4. rjrh20

Glad I could help!:icon_bigg

5. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Welcome I hope you enjoy EC

6. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

Nice to meet you! :slight_smile: While I haven't really come out to many people yet, I have to a few trusted allies. I told my brother and two friends. All of which were okay with it, in fact one of my friends said she was pansexual.

However, I have brought up the topic of homosexuality and had some friend react badly to the topic in general. I would therefore suggest bringing up gay right or something to see how the person responds. Then, if they seem fine with it and you trust them, then you can tell them. :slight_smile:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi There :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

9. LetMeBeThatIAm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, and welcome to EC. I agree with Best Lesbian 20 (what a username! should I take that literally? :wink: ), and also MoyashiAlice. Mention something (anything) regarding homosexuality, and get a feel for how that person responds to it. Then you can use that to judge where to go from there. That's what I've been doing, little by little. Although this is just the preliminary steps for me. I'm not out to anyone yet, as you can see. So my advice is just theory, not from experience. But I agree with going slow. When I do eventually "come out," I plan on only telling one or two people at a time, and it will be casual. Not some *grave voice* "Are you sitting down? I have something to tell you," and maybe not even straight out (pun intended :wink: ) saying "I'm bi." Instead, I'd just make a comment or suggestion in conversation that will let the other person know or guess. It may take some of the punch out of the declaration. But welcome to EC! Glad to have you with us.

10. Candace

Hallo! Wie geht es dir? Welkommen zu EC! :grin:

11. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can imagine it's not very easy for you to talk to your friends when you know they've already reacted badly...
    I agree with the others, you can talk around it a little... I know it's hard, I'm still working on this myself because I'm a little afraid how my friends would behave if they knew... I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem with it, but they might act differently in some situations...
    Not an easy one though.. ;-)