1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Queer" = "Pleasantly Peculiar"

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Brettany, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Brettany

Hi Everyone!

Wow, what a great place!

I found y'all whist searching for tips to help further transition my voice. Who "transitions" their voice??? Well many male-to-female transgender people do. Once I was a "man," but now I live fully as the woman I've always been inside. As part of this, I have made many changes in my body and self-expression: one of these is my voice, a strong gender cue, which I am seeking to further feminize and make beautiful.

Anyway! As part of moving from "man," to openly transgender person, to simply a woman (or transwoman for those who know or guess), I have learned the gentle art of gracefully "outing" myself as necessary or if it will bless someone to know. Since changing my legal name and gender earlier this year, it seems I've have to come out to EVERY clerk and bureaucrat in my part of the world. It's usually been a very positive experience because I present myself and my needs with joyful confidence, and most people seem very happy for me...

...I suppose that some would also say that I am now in a legal same-sex marriage as my spouse of twenty-three years is a natal woman (who is also gender queer). When we married, we appeared straight, but we knew we weren't, and we weren't gay either: we were "other." Now we look like lesbian couple, but ours is a "transgender marriage" - it's queer, but it works for us AND God is cool with it. :kiss:

So, am I "out??" Well, yes and no: everyone who needs to know, knows that I am either a woman, or a transsexual woman. A few stubbornly refuse to acknowledge my womanhood, but such is life... :slight_smile:

...Generally I don't call attention to my trans status (and I'm not SO obviously trans these days). As a result, in casual interactions, I'm just an ordinary woman. But some folks guess I have not always lived as a woman, and if someone knows me, they will know this of me too. I am blessed to be able control when and to whom I am "out," for the most part (even in locker rooms :eek:slight_smile:. When I transitioned, I left "just male" closet, and I have decided I will not live in a "just female" closet. For me, I am simply a woman whose is transsexual instead of natal, just as some men are transsexual instead of natal.

Well! Enough about me! Nice to meet you and "see ya'round!!" :smilewave

Blessings & Joy!! :icon_bigg

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

3. Femmeme

:welcome: and congratulations on the name and legal gender changes! I'm sure that must mark the end of a long and challenging journey! :slight_smile:

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. Brettany

Thanks Muchely thecat06, Femmeme & ElPanaChevere :slight_smile:

I love each of your descriptions and kind welcome!

Femmeme, I *especially* like your signature!! {giggle}

Yes, my legal name and gender change were both BIG milestones in a long journey. *Becoming* the person I am, a woman will require the rest of my life, and that's okay, wonderful even. AND I'll probably always be coming-out to *someone* for some reason, something scary at first, but very strangely comfortable now.

Questions I have now involve HOW much more do I need to change my body to be able to endure it? AND I can I become fully assimilated into female culture, yet not leave behind my beloved trans community and the good parts of who I was when I lived as a "special sort of man?"

I *very much* want to be a blessing to others.

#5 Brettany, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013