1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Snixx, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Snixx

Snixx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, hello, everyone. The name is Snixx; at least, that's my preferred alias. Many viewers of Glee will know Snixx also happens to be the alter ego of Santana Lopez, an out and proud lesbian - yes, I'm a gleek. And proud, really. Though the show is certainly not as good as it once was, insulting in ways I try not to dwell on, when it does it well ... Boy, it does it well.

I'm a Kiwi, thirteen, going on fourteen; young, I know. However, my sexuality has been something of incredible insecurity for some time now, and I just feel I need to be somewhere where I can talk about it freely and openly. What place better than Empty Closets, yes?

I've always been an effeminate boy, feminine, tending to befriend girls - it's how I've been since kindergarten. However, I've been woefully uneducated about sex and sexuality till the age of eleven, at which point I began intermediate and joined a private school. From there, it was how I slowly became aware of what I truly may be.

From the first week, I had been labeled 'gay'. They never meant any harm, I suppose - don't get me wrong. I'm not an unpopular kid. I have so many friends, genuine, who appreciate my company; I'm so grateful for them. But all through year seven, I was aware of the rumours, the snickers; the laughs they tried to get from asking me if I was gay. I refused it then - I had no idea. I was in no way of sexual maturity, aware of this whole 'sex' schmoop.

Two years have passed now. I'm accepted by all; I'm popular, but not overly so. Still, my sexuality is of question - I have no doubt they all think it, though I have no proof. They're all horny thirteen-year old boys, of course; I try not to get their superficial, incredibly idiotic, frankly rather homophobic behaviour get me down. I know life isn't like that. And, the thing is, I'm coming to accept my sexuality and what I am. I love who I am - I would never change that for the world. We are living in a society which is coming to love the awesomeness the LGBT community exude; I could not be happier. Unfortunately, however, I'm still young; and the ability to tell everyone, my peers, my family ... Currently evade me. At thirteen? I'm not so sure I can handle it.

And that's why I needed to come here. Good Lord, that was probably a lot more than you bargained for, especially from a thirteen-year old idiot boy such as myself; but honestly, I have a lot to get off my chest. I'm really just looking out for a home, a place of acceptance and love. I truly hope this can be it until I'm ready to let the world know.
    :kiss:

2. FloatingPiano

Hello, and welcome to EC! :grin: I congratulate you for being so honest with yourself at 13! I wish I could have had the confidence you seem to have when I was your age! I think you will find EC a very warm and welcoming place, which provides some great advice.

And btw, I love your username. Santana is the best!

3. Snixx

Snixx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, and thank you! I have been likened to Santana in real life many times; we're both brutally honest. My upside, of course, is my ability to be honest with myself. :lol: I certainly hope so; certainly at first look, everyone seems amazing.

Isn't she just?

4. FloatingPiano

Yes. Santana is awesome. :slight_smile: Love her sassiness and brutal honesty.

And glad you're liking EC already! I recently came back from a 2 year period of being inactive on here, and I didn't realize how much I missed it!

5. catboy

I am so glad you found EC. I hope we can help you, and never disvalue your thoughts cause your young. You are smart and able to find yourself even at young ages. I can't wait to se more of you on EC! :slight_smile:

6. InactiveUser1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    dude u seem an awesome guy wellcome to this forum :slight_smile: i hope we ca see u around and i have to say ur VERY BOLD at ur age not falling into deep depresion or stuff and be soo positive i say people must make u an example to kids at ur age with ur gender preferences :slight_smile: if u want drop me a pm i wanna be ur friend if u want too *-*

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

8. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: It's lucky of you to find such an awesome place like this :grin:

9. Stripe101

[​IMG]

Welcome to this here website.

10. Snixx

Snixx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, and thanks, all! I already feel like this place is somewhere I am going to love in the years to come.

11. wittyusername

Hi and welcome!! :smilewave