1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tomwinsatlife, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Tomwinsatlife

Hi so I'm a 14 year old who is about to start my freshman year in highschool. The only person I've come out to about me being gay is my cousin, also a gay teen, and he was awesome about it and it felt great telling him. Well now i feel like i should come out to my family, very open and liberal, (wud probably be totally accepting) but i just cant. I dnt know why, but i just can not tell them. I dnt know why. It cud be tht they have no incling towards me being gay at all cuz im pretty masculine, and im nervous to how they will react.

So should i come out to my family, or should i wait till some unknown time.
    The comments about me marrying some girl are starting to bother me. :icon_sad:

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Well if you're not fully comfortable with telling them, i'd suggest you wait for a more appropriate time for you.

3. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I think most parents make comments about their children marrying, and I had it so I know what it feels like.
    I was told on several occasions "wouldn't you like to find yourself a nice young woman" and I really wanted to say "NO, I WANT TO FIND MYSELF A BOYFRIEND"
    It's good that you have come out to your cousin already and was accepted, fear of rejection seems to hold most people back and really it's only in your own heart that when it's time to tell your parents that you will know it.
    If you feel that they would accept you no matter what and you feel comfortable doing so then maybe the time is right.
    If you decide to tell them, good luck and if you don't get the reaction you expect then you still have your cousin and EC for support.

4. MixedNutz

Welcome to EC!

Family can be a somewhat tricky. Sometimes its best to leave hints so the can at least question it, or wonder so they aren't blindsided. Although them being very liberal might help you of a lot.

Good luck and let us know how everything is going.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

My parents are the same as your family. I was so scared to tell them, but when I did tell them, they were totally fine with it. I would take your time. Coming out is not a race.

6. Tomwinsatlife

Thanx sooo much everyone!

7. Stripe101

Bite you? Well I would at least like to have dinner first.

Welcome to Empty Closets.