1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all i am new here so not sure where to start

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by HERTSODDBALL, Jul 14, 2013.

1. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As my son has recently come out to me as gay it has sparked off what i thought was well locked away emotions. I fully support my son & love him dearly so no problems there. The problem i now face is that i don't know where or who to turn to, a brief life run down might explain where i am at. As a teen at school i had secret boyfriends as well as girlfriends, this was not a problem until some people found out about the gay side of me. After being bullied & beaten i decided i would suppress my gay feelings & i locked them away. Several girlfriends later i got married which came with 2 stepchildren, we then had my son life seemed ok even though the feelings were still in the back of my mind. I am now separated & live with the two boys. Due to my son coming out is seems to have unlocked my past & now i don't know what to do. my gay son knows about me as i thought it only fair on him to know what he was going through i do understand, the other two don't know. I also have a girlfriend who i have emotions for but she is now aware that i am not sexually attracted to her she says she does not have a problem with it. I know for a fact now i am sexually attracted to men. I am not very good at putting into words how i feel so this has been a marathon for me, i just need help & advice & people to talk to. I am not sleeping very well as my mind seems to go into overdrive at night. Well i think that says it all as brief as i can.

2. LinkLarkin

Welcome to EC! You have definitely come to the right place to get support, and I'm sure there are many others here who've been in similar situations to you and can advise you on how to proceed! (&&&) Oh, and well done for not only articulating your feelings which can be very difficult the first time, but also raising a son with enough courage to tell you who he really is!

Immerse yourself in the culture here and you'll soon find that everything will fall into place for you! :welcome:

3. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome in hope you enjoy your stay, Yeah you come to the right place there's is alway at least one person here experiencing something similar if not the same.

4. enigmeow

I have three girls so at least I won't have the issue of a son bringing a cute boy home ..:slight_smile:

In all seriousness , ever think of coming out to your son? It might bring you closer together

5. HERTSODDBALL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry did not make it clear my gay son knows all about my sexuality. It did bring us even closer together. It really does mess with my head when he brings a boyfriend home knowing what i have missed out on all my life. But there is one positive side i have my son, he would not be here if things had been different.

6. LD579

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but the LGBT Later in Life section may be a nice place for you to look around in. You may find more people that you can identify with. I wish you the best =)

Oh. And hello, welcome to EC =)

7. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Welcome, it seems that you both have a great relationship and support each other dearly which is really important.
    It must have been so hard for you to suppress your true feelings and have a relationship with a women and both have a child together, I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through and talking about it and trying to accept that you are gay is a big step and very important.
    You have made a big step already and the more you talk about it and start trying to be comfortable with the person you are, the easier it will become.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Hertsoddball,

Your situation is interesting to say the least. As a father of three, I know that I learn as much from my kids as I teach them, each child is a lesson in love.

It is a remarkable coincidence that both you and he share something so deep, and good for you for telling him about yourself!

I am one of those regulars in the LGBT Later in Life section, and I have been through quite a lot already. My only salvation is my faith that doing the right thing and living with integrity will lead to better times ahead. You have come to the right place to work this out, with what has already been written and with the support that you can find here in the days and weeks to come.

10. wittyusername

Hi and welcome!!:smilewave