1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loofah's Intro

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Loofah, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Loofah

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone!

I just happened to find this website while googling something transgender related. I'm not sure if I'll be very active or if this site is even for me, but it's a long summer with a lot of potential boredom risks, so I'll give it my best!

Check out my profile for info about me (my bio and such). I would post it here but that would just be repetitive.

As for identity, I will double post that. I identify as a pansexual trans woman though I have lesbian leanings.

I am currently at a university for my B.A degree. So far I'm pretty much out to everyone, minus people that I dislike and refuse to talk to. Everyone has been super supportive, even my very transitional family. It just goes to show that people can always be more awesome than you originally expect. Thus far, I've been on hormones for a little over 2 years, am fulltime, and I'm active within the queer community. At the moment it's in the form of speaking on panels about identity, privilege, and personal experiences within the queer community. I do this in hopes to educate straight cis people on the joys and sorrows of being different. Education and knowledge is power. It breaks down the social barriers, creates understanding/acceptance, and safes lives. I am also a certified ally at my university. I have this fancy laminated door sign that basically tells people that I am knowledgeable about the community and that I can be a friend to those coming out or needing help.

Friendship is sacred to me. I never had friends growing up and the ones I thought were my friends turned out to be just treating me like a toy. As such, I have formed expectations of what a good friend is and therefor strive to treat others that way. If you have a problem, I'll be there. If it's within my power to help, I will.

Thank you for reading my intro and I'll see you around.

2. Xochipilli

Hello!
    Your username is cute and I admire what you do.
    Welcome to EC!
    Also, Chi-town, holla!

3. MixedNutz

4. wittyusername

Hi and welcome!! :smilewave

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is indeed for you, we've been expecting you as it were. My powerful nose detected you from afar, and I laid a breadcrumb trail in Google to lead you here, hehe. All jokes aside, Welcome to EC! Every new person gets a free nuzzle from this furry so....*nuzzles*. Enjoy your stay here! (*hug*)