1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late in life excited, confused and nervous

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Orchid art, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Orchid art

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am a forty-six year old mother of four teens, who was recently divorced, and shortly after separating from my husband, realized I was possibly gay, and at least bi-sexual. My fifteen year old daughter has recently come out to my other children, and I, and has a serious relationship with what I think is her first girlfriend. I have told her that I, too, think that I am gay, or bi-sexual. I've become obsessed with watching movies about Lesbians, and reading about the topic, and am very excited about the idea of having a relationship with a woman. I have been shocked, though, because I have always considered myself to be very open-minded, have had gay friends, helped support friends and family members come out, and don't understand how I could not have seen it in myself. Especially, since I had a friend in college tell my friends that she thought that I was trying to hint to her that I was gay, (I was not), I had a female roommate make a pass at me, which scared me into moving out, and was "accused" by my own grandmother of being a lesbian. I am very excited about the thought of being with a woman, but am scared about the possibility of being wrong. What if I'm confused? My sixteen year old son has asked me why I am always watching lesbian movies. Should I tell all of my children, or wait?:help: I am already looking at women on a dating website, but will not post my picture, as I am a secondary teacher, and am afraid of who may see it. I am having trouble finding a support group of similar women. Help!

2. KhanSaheb

:welcome:

First of all, you have now found a support group. The nature of this community is total anonymity, so that should allay some of your fears.

Secondly, nobody but you can determine when of if you should tell your children. I certainly wouldn't presume to do so - especially since I don't have children of my own. My only advice as to what to tell your son is that the movies are not just lesbian movies. They are movies about the human experience. You may want to throw in some other gay-themed movies into the mix, invite him to watch with you then gauge his reactions. This could help to open a dialogue.

This is, obviously, a time when lots of things are running through your head. Please explore the forums here. You'll find people of all ages and persuasions. We can help.

3. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think KhanSaheb said it all, and you are most welcome here at EC. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice, but you ever need to talk, I'll do what I can and will always have a pointed wolf ear open for you (and anyone else too). Every new person gets a free nuzzle from this furry so....*nuzzles*. Enjoy your stay here! (*hug*)

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. wittyusername

Hi and welcome!! :smilewave

6. biggayguy

Welcome! You found the right place. If you haven't already found it there is a section specifically for older members.

7. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome... :slight_smile:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

9. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Hi there! :smilewave

10. BadCanadaJoke

Welcome! Everything you feel is completely normal and there are other who have felt the same way. Explore the forums and ask anything you want! :slight_smile:
    Welcome to EC!!