1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, did you miss me?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Chickenlover, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Look at me begging for attention. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You probably didn't notice, but I've been gone a while. Not that long, but for someone who used to be on everyday it seems like forever. I didn't mean to leave y'all without a word of goodbye, seeing as I hate it when other people do that, but apparently I'm a hypocrite!

And I even meant to leave forever. Tut tut.

See, a couple weeks ago things were going pretty badly for me. Then I ended up going to this camp for queer and trans* people, and it completely changed my life around. I felt like I could finally claim my identity, I was proud of who I am, and I was ready to start some action around my hometown. We also learned a lot about how to be allies to trans* people. (I just had to throw that in. I was so happy about that. Look at me bragging to all of you about it. Tut tut.). In short, it just gave me this happy, positive outlook on life. However, I've been really scared that something will trigger me back into how things used to be. So I decided to leave EC, because it's been my dwelling place through all the dark times. It brings back bad memories. I was too scared of the site to even say goodbye. The other day, though, I realized that I'm completely in control of how I react to things. EC doesn't have to be triggering if I don't want it to be.

So, here I am! I probably won't be around as much, because EC no longer has the same effect on my life as it did before. But I did miss all of you, so I'll try to stick around. EC is such an AMAZING supportive environment, and I'm really happy to be back!

See you around!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's awesome that you are doing better! I also have to say, I'm slightly jealous that you got to go to a camp.:slight_smile:

Welcome back!

3. wittyusername

Welcome back! :slight_smile: :smilewave

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :welcome: Back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. treeofleaves

HI! HI! hihihihiii! HEYYY

6. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats a lovely story, thank you for sharing it.

I hope you stick around, you may not realise it now, but the people that have and will continue to support you here where just like you and you are becoming just like them :wink:

Peace out