1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I'm BrutalYena

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BrutalYena, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BrutalYena

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I'll go ahead and identify myself as BrutalYena. I am a 23 year old gay male. And.. well, I want to help ya out.

So... yeah, I'm not exactly in the closet. I don't really have a reason to be anymore. I live in New York. Both of my parents know that I'm gay, and the didn't disown me. TRAGICALLY, they didn't disown me. But don't worry, I'll find a way to make them want to. I live in a state where I can't legally be fired for being gay. Although, to be fair, I am a white gay guy that is one of maybe seven white employees in the workplace, and they have many immigrants from Haiti and Jamaica working there. But I'm not afraid of them. They should be afraid of me. I'm dangerous. DANGEROUS. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Haven't really been bullied at school.. although, to be fair, I never came out. I was a Homecoming King nominee, and would have probably won if I didn't decide to drop out (I decided work was more important than a popularity contest :slight_smile:). I mean, I did tell one guy I had a crush on him. He backed away slowly.. and he probably thought I was joking, because that's just the kind of guy I am. I tell you, everytime I come out of the closet, nobody believes me.

Well, the reason why I'm here is because... well, I feel guilty. I mean, I feel like, as a gay guy who hasn't actually dealt with serious homophobia in my life, I want to kind use my privilege to help other people. I may not offer very good advice, because I haven't really been in any of the situations most gay people are in. But what I do know, is that most people's stories of coming out just break my heart. It really does. And I have been told that me just talking to people, and being a friend really does help. So if you ever need someone to talk to, just talk to me. Just think of me as your big gay uncle, you can say anything to me :icon_bigg

2. KhanSaheb

3. Hello and welcome! Do not feel guilty, but feel lucky, you have not experienced homophobia.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Perseus

Hey :slight_smile: Welcome to EC!

Lol in my opinion, homophobia makes us stronger people :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: