1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by retep, Aug 17, 2013.

1. retep

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The last few days I've been looking at a few posts on this site and it seems like a good support site that would benefit me. The reasons being cause, from the posts I've read, people really seem like they support people who want to be more comfortable/accept their selves for what ever they are.

I have social anxiety and I feel accepting myself is a big step towards better managing or overcoming my anxiety. I'm also a member of a few social anxiety forums although I've banned myself temporarily as I felt too dependent/addicted to them. Whilst I like the Social anxiety forums and feel like its a place where I can interact with members I relate to sometimes, especially recently, I do admit that it really does seem like although the SA forums I've been on say that we should accept ourselves, they also sometimes kind of send this message that you have to be a certain way thats it's a bit annoying as trying to please everyone never works from my experience, although I still love the SA forums I belong to.

Btw, I'm bi-curious, I know for a fact I like girls and am a male but I also have a feminine side which I've tried hiding in the past, but want to show more now. And I've been fearful of being attracted to males that I do what I can to avoid males I think I might be attracted to, this has made my social anxiety unbearable at times. The fact I've suppressed and avoided feeling toward people of the same sex kind of leaves me confused I don't know if I actually also fancy males or have just avoided being open around most males due to my deep fear of being gay and being disliked by homophobics.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2013 at 04:08 PM ----------

I need to face reality now, avoiding it is depressing but facing it feels scary.

#1 retep, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. LinkLarkin

Hi and welcome to EC! :welcome: (*hug*) Your experiences sound similar to a lot of stories I've seen on EC so you've come to the right place for support in exploring your sexuality and working through your issues, and there will always be people here who understand what you are going through and are willing to help. :slight_smile:

3. ScatteredEarth

Hey there, welcome to EC, I hope you enjoy your stay and find everything you're looking for here. Hopefully you will open up a bit here ^_^ We wont bite