1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Doubtfulll, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Doubtfulll

Doubtfulll Guest

Halo there....

Can't say I am new member I used the site a long time a go then deleted it just cause I felt I am not sure what to do about being gay..thought I'd just...reintroduce my self...

I am 24 gay..not questioning male...from the middle east...from egypt..(which is a crazy blood bath right now), but I live in canada now..have been for a while.

It is not easy to accept your self for anyone I am sure, but when you religion (islamic background) its really much more hard to figure out what is good and what is bad...

I keep jumping around accepting my self or that it is a test from God...but I think with the recent events in Egypt I just feel like...wt*? I can't imagine how is being gay so bad compared to the stuff people claim God is on there side.

But also like most non western countries (like russia), being gay is a huge political thing, where if you say you are gay you are saying you are a western ally as well it's not just a sexual preference...its loaded with agendas and intentions. And everyone believes in that stuff so much its so hard to feel you know I just like boys thats all...you question your own psyche and intentions and that maybe you're just taking the easy way out if you say I am gay deal with it.

Anyways sorry for the drama, but after I saw what is happening in Egypt I was not surprised, I am sad..but not surprised....people there deal with hatred, cruelty, generalisation like its a way of life...you just have to be that way and you are raised to be that way.

Lack of tolerance is conviction there...how much are you willing to stick to your guns shows your dedication...

Anyways I am finding my self feeling...you know being gay is not the worse thing in the world..look at what those ideals are doing...I can't even know if my friends back there are still alive :frowning2:.

I feel guilty for being lucky to be in Canada, while the rest of them just suffer there...but at the same time...they did not want to leave..they felt its betraying there origins..and they did not accept me for being gay..they said you should try to fix it...not that I am saying that's what they get... God no...but..that...I don't want to carry guilt anymore, something most of us middle easterners gay or not carry when we live in the west.

Sorry...too much information!..I just feel sad..but yet sick of not condemning our perspective on things...I don't know..I guess...HI EVERYONE lol xD.

2. swifter

swifter Guest

i know kind of how you feel, but if they didn't love you because of religion, then don't feel guilty people like that are better off out of our lives. your friends, family (the ones that love you no matter what) and God come first before anything! i may know nothing about the Quran but you can't live by it, if it is telling you to take other person's life! why did God gave you feelings like guilt if you have to hurt someone else? maybe that should be taught in the middle east...
    anyways welcome back to EC :3!

3. Eros

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel you, I also have this religion issue, I'm not a muslim but my father is, and it's one reason why I keep hiding in the closet. :frowning2:

4. Doubtfulll

Doubtfulll Guest

I know i keep telling my friends that the problem is we like saying this is not really islam but never speak so what is it really and fight for that peacefull religion they feel islam is supposed to be.

Not that I have any idea what is the real islam my self...but they seem to feel strongly about something.

But they always go give me the brow, cause to them I am just saying that cause I am gay and want to get away with it...:frowning2:..oh well..

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

Ouch..is he strict?...I came out to my parents...it was a long ride..they still hope i'll get married or something..but they did clear out that they'd love me no matter what..they just want what is best.

5. lukeluvznicki13

i saw halo and now i am playing halo by beyonce x]

6. Eros

Out Status:
    Some people
    He doesn't know I'm gay, and maybe never will he know. He served in the military before.
    I'm his only son. So imagine how he would feel, imagine the horror if he finds out. He might even repudiate me.

And my Mom, she died a long long time ago when I was six.