1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi everyone.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by EdwardK, Aug 27, 2013.

1. EdwardK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    my name's Edward. I've been in the closet my whole life. it hasn't always been easy. I live in Uganda. im sure you're all familiar with the situation gay people are in in Uganda. im 19. into science and stuff and i'd like to become a doctor. well, my life hasn't gone too smoothly. first of all, i grew up in a catholic family. i go to a catholic school and so everyone around me is extremely homophobic, including my mother who, by the way, is the only parent I've got. it just hurts to have no one to talk to. to have to put up with hearing people say that people like me are destined for hell. I've done nothing wrong. i didn't choose to have these feelings. i try to come off as stronghearted and stuff, but im like a hurt kid inside. I've had to go through high school afraid of people finding out what i am. im in a boarding school so i have to look at the people i like and not be able to tell them how i feel. fine, they're all probably straight but it still hurts. the one person i trust is my mum nut even hinting that i might be gay might cost me a home. im not that depressed but I've tried suicide before but i survived(luckily, some may say) at the time, i felt that god just wanted me to die on the inside, a little bit each day. i joined empty closets coz i wanted people to talk to, to pour out my heart to, without fear of rejection or ,worse, death.

2. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome no one is going to judge u here xx

3. EdwardK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Edward... a big warm welcome to EC (*hug*).

I have read awful things about attitudes to gay people in your country. My heart bleeds for people trying to live under that sort of condition and I hope you can use EC to explore your ideas and options

5. lukeluvznicki13