1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely lost

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KelseyMS, Aug 28, 2013.

1. KelseyMS

Well, all of this social-media-type stuff is extremely new to me... This my first time using anything even remotely similar... So in the end, I would have to say this is awkward. Anyway, I'm Kelsey, sixteen years old, and feel like I have no real gender.

2. QuestioningAlly

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey, Kelsey. I'm Eric, I'm also new to this site, but I joined with the intention of helping other people work through their questions. What do you mean you don't feel like you have a gender? Like, do you just not associate with the common male/female genders, or that you truly have no gender?

3. KelseyMS

When I say I feel like I don't have a gender, I mean that I like aspects of both genders. I like to be physically intimidating, but I also like wearing dresses and makeup. I like having facial hair, but I hate all the other hair on my body. As far as sexual attraction is concerned, it only ever develops after an emotional attraction, so I know I'm bisexual.

4. LD579

Hello. Welcome to EC!

This is a forum, so most of the time, people make things called threads which are on topics, and then people make posts to reply to them and give in their own input. Besides that, people can also talk to other members through wall messages.

If you decide to become a full member, and are approved, you gain access to the Chat Room as well as the option to Private Message other full members. You can always contact a staff member through Private Messaging, though, regardless of whether you're a full member or not.

Hopefully that helped a bit! I know I was a bit lost when I joined a forum at first, too.

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Hey Kelsey! Welcome to EC! The site is a bit different than social media sites, it takes some time to get use to.

6. KelseyMS

To Luthan

I've felt really stifled having only come out to two people (well, my friend's boyfriend also knows), but its nice to know there's a website where I'm among people with similar problems.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the site!

Lex

8. only sometimes

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi KelseyMS! I'm so glad you're here! I know you will find solid guidance here. I'm very excited for you!

9. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. lukeluvznicki13

11. Californiacoast

Hi Kelsey! Welcome to EC. I am sure your first few posts will be awkward, but heck, they were for all of us! My advice is just be as honest and upfront about your feelings and who you are. People here are amazing and jump in to give advice and support. In my short time here I have been amazed at the love and support shown to people in very difficult situations.

You may think your situation is unique, but I bet there are at least 50 people on this site that are going through the same thing. Maybe more. Spend some time getting to know them. The great thing about E.C. is that it is safe. You are anonamous and people really care. Enjoy!