1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better late than never

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by aethereal, Aug 30, 2013.

1. aethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm in that crappy predicament where you only accept you're gay after you're already married. Yay! So yes, I am a female married to a wonderful man and he has actually helped me accept the fact that I am 100% gay/lesbian (I prefer "gay" but what have you...) He's great and understanding and NO I am not fooling around while married or anything. I'm actually pretty old fashioned and will wait until properly separated/divorced before moving forward in that area... but it's still difficult as we are very bonded and I love him dearly - just not in the way I could love a woman. So I get to feel like a complete jerkbag for not realizing this sooner and hurting him and myself - but I am glad her is so understanding nonetheless.

And no, I am not bi - not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's not my orientation.

So yeah, that's my "awesome" situation.:rolle:

Still, even though it's going to be a hard road, I am trying to stay optimistic and looking forward to the future. Someday, in the distant future - I hope to have a REAL wedding, which means walking down the aisle with the WOMAN of my dreams. :slight_smile:

I was referred here and I'm very glad to be here. Pleased to meet you all. :slight_smile:

2. lovely lesbian

Hello and welcome to the site xxx

3. Mysz

It must have been difficult, but I'm glad he was understanding! Welcome, I'm sure you'll continue to be happy here!

4. Californiacoast

Welcome! You are SO not alone in your situation here. Check out the area: coming out later in life. So many friends there describing being in long term marriages with kids before fully realizing or coming to terms with their sexuality. You will meet some awesome people here. Post a thread. Be vulnerable. It will amaze you.

5. LigLog

Hi there...I'm new too and coming out later in life. I hope you find your ideal lady.

6. aethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much, everyone! :slight_smile: I really appreciate the welcoming and support! :slight_smile: I will definitely check out the coming out later in life area too! :slight_smile:

7. jer2911rtd

jer2911rtd Guest

Hey welcome! I'm also new here and I'm also from your general area. Holla holla for the 608!