1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gudday. I tend to waffle.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Feijoa, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Feijoa

Hello Everyone!

I've posted a couple of times and figured I should properly introduce myself. I'm a Kiwi living abroad - currently in the Middle East where I live and work in the ever growing entertainment industry ( film & tv to be precise). It's not an oppressive part of the Middle East, rather one of the more liberal Weatern influenced but it is still taboo and dangerous to be "out and flaunting it".

Having been in one female-female relationship for 8years and then a heterosexual relationship for a year later, and still somewhat attracted to any gender, I tend not to label myself anything except perhaps "back in the closet". My sexual relationships have been that far off the radar to friends and family that I came out to during those two particular relationships that people may have well forgotten! New friends and workmates have no idea, and I've even gone so far as change genders of people when retrllig stories. And my coming out to my parents was a horrible event - though we are civil now.

I find myself at a crossroads now, mostly as I just came of a work trip and am sitting in a country that isn't oppressive sexually and I have had a bit of time to think and examine where I am on life. Or where I want to head. I took time off for me to do what I wanted and now it appears I may want a like-minded partner in the mix.

Oh hey, look. Waffling. At any rate - that's a little more about me than most people know, so Gudday!

2. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and welcome! :slight_smile:
    Trust me you can do as much waffling as you want on this forum...I know I do..hehe..he.

3. wittyusername

Hi and welcome to EC! :smilewave

4. You sound semi Auckland normal so I might as well take the time in posting in your chit chat, plus you work in the same industry as I so nice to chat to another. I understand completely what you anything buzz is as I identify as a lesbian just because I haven't actually met a guy I want to date or got the chance to date. I'm pretty easy going in that respect no, sexuality isn't a big deal to me, but my work is!

So you took time off to do YOU, and what did you discover & what direction are you now sailing?

5. Feijoa

Good question! Basically, I've kind of worked out that I like the work I do and like it more when I can mix adventure travel into it or explore work avenues in the good ol' outdoors or interesting stories of people mixing adventure into their lives. I spent a lot of my past giving up hobbies or "reckless" ideas to keep the peace with an ex, and I realise now that was just a ridiculous way to live. I can say for certain I was definitely blinded by the love bat ( or just completely dense!) and no-one should give up things they enjoy or care about because of a partner. Mutual respect and communication.

So for me I guess I put a lot of things in the back of my mind so I could concentrate on the working out who I was in some areas and getting to grips with why and how that got muffled out. And I found the work I love doing! So things have semi-slotted into place.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome Aqua and witty!

6. BOO to over bearing relationships!

(!):eusa_danc:eusa_clap to freedom!

7. Feijoa

Amen to that! Too much drama is very boring.

8. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC :grin: :smilewave

9. Feijoa

Thank yers!