1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Lipstick Leuger, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Lipstick Leuger

Hello!

I am new here and have heard about you from a friend who directed me here as a community that is rather nice. I am a Queer Femme Lesbian mother of three. I have been in a stable realtionship for going on 9 years and we had aCommitment ceramony in outr backyard 5 years ago with our kids as attendants. I look forward to meeting other people here.

2. SilverGirl

hey there! welcome :grin: i hope you enjoy here!

that ceremony sounds interesting, why dont you tell us a little bit more about it? :icon_bigg

3. shiro757

shiro757 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds beautiful. I like hearing stories of lesbians who are happy in life.

But yeah, what all goes into a commitment ceremony?

4. wittyusername

Hello and welcome to EC!! :smilewave

5. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome xxx

6. ukbrunette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey, welcome :grin:
    Everyone is really chatty here, so hopefully you'll have a great experience on this forum! x

7. Lipstick Leuger

(!)

I love the banana guy^

It was actually quite easy to plan. We found a minister who preformed ceramonies for gay couples and she gave us all kinds of ideas for it. We pretty much just kept it basic with using our own music and having our oldest daughter sing us down the aisle. The other two kids each had a part one for ring bearer, our son, and our youngest daughter gave roses to our Mothers, their Grandmothers. We wrote our own vows and also decided on a unity candle. It was pretty small actually, only 25 guests, casual dress and in the hottest part of Summer, so the girls got matching Sundresses and I wore a tealength skirt and lacy Camisole. My wife wore linen pants and a plainer Cami. We did our own flowers, and just followed in our home/finsihed basement with light refereshments and finger sandwiches. We didn't have alcohol as my wife does not drink and we ordered a cake from the bakery down the road. I had a friend from work who was working on becoming a professional photographer take the pics. We also got a tape. We ended up with some very nice pics and it didn't cost a fortune.

Our Honeymoon was to Six Flags Great America amusement park and it was near my new Sister-in-laws home, so we took her and her boys with us for the day. We had a riot.