1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello - Disabled and Queer - But conflicted

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by EmilyLimbo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. EmilyLimbo

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello,

I am so happy to have found this community online as I do not have many people to talk to about coming out. I have been semi out for a long time. But do not have any 'real' experience (sexual or romantic) with anyone. I have been 'out' with GLBT friends but not with many others.

I identify as Queer as in I know I am not straight but can't quite define it. I had my first introduction to the GLBT community in University where I met a number of GLBT people. I was in love with a trans person who identifies solely as male, it was not reciprocated and we never had a relationship just lots of flirting.

I identified as Queer at that time although I did not have any relationships. I then receded from the community and have now been living as assumed hetero for a long time although as I mentioned I have not had any experiences. I am 33 now. My attraction to transmen stems from my past experiences but I have also have strong attraction to cis butch women (and sometimes cis femmes)

I don't want to undermine the gender identification of transmen by identifying as gay and then stating I am interested in only transmen and cis women as I have heard this is contested. But I can't help who I am attracted to. I am also afraid that if I come out people will just say 'but you have never been with a (cis) man before, so how can you know?

Additionally I have a form of dwarfism which in many ways has prevented me from being able to come out as I had a huge path to follow to accept being a disabled person. This is one of the reasons for my lack of sexual experiences, I have not been ready to share my body or heart with anyone until I could accept it.

Phew, sorry this is excessive, I just had to get it out of my system.

2. GayNerd

Welcome to EC! You'll get help and friends here. Just be yourself.

3. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

4. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC!

5. EmilyLimbo

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone:icon_bigg