1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi ... better late than never

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lostman, Sep 1, 2013.

1. lostman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys,

I joined in June 2013. Been reading the forums... was skeptical whether this will work... however I was back on and off ... in the end I still came back to read the stories and the sharing.

I am 41 .. Asian guy living in Malaysia ... Earlier this year a dear friend confronted me about my sexual preference as she had been trying to introduce some girls to me. I finally came to terms that I am gay. Being a Christian makes it a constant battle. I know God loves me for who I am .. but the guilt is always there. I have prayed and cried myself to sleep. I attend a homophobic church and I don't think I can open up to my pastors.

I am still a closet gay. I don't cruise the gay bars, don't party. I feel that I don't fit into the gay or the straight community. The few friends that I came out to stayed away. And it really feels lonely and the negative thoughts that cripples me can be overwhelming.

So I hope that I can find some friends and support here to get me through this time.

Thanks for reading.

2. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! Even though it can feel lonely, you are not alone coming out later in life — there's even a separate forum for us later-in-lifers. Feel free to join us just to hang out, listen, or talk... :smilewave