1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

genderqueer parent struggling with reality.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by transqueer, Sep 2, 2013.

1. transqueer

Hey everybody. I've been "lurking" around this forum/site for the last 6 or so months trying to gain some other perspectives on how/what I'm feeling recently. I've been openly pansexual since high school, and openly genderqueer for 2.5 years.

About 5 months ago I watched some videos of genderqueer people who had decided to medically/socially transition FTM and that's when it really started being in my head. Everything I've heard and read matches exactly how I feel. This past week the feelings/the dysphoria/the daydreaming of a more masculine body have been taking over my life.

Since I'm almost 23, and have already been discussing gender with a therapist I suppose I could easily start the process from there but I'm so nervous. I am currently in a relationship with a cis male who doesn't understand, and won't stick around if I transition. But more importantly, I am a parent of a 2 year old. I'm trying to find some other parents who transitioned after their kids were born. Either FTM or MTF because my daughter is the biggest thing holding me back.

Anyways! Hi! You guys can call me Riley for now. Though that's not my birth name and I will probably pick a different name when I begin to transition. :icon_redf

2. wittyusername

HI and welcome to EC! :smilewave It's great that you're starting to find who you are, hope you can find all the support you need here! :slight_smile: