1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hola, Bonjour, Guten Nacht, Hello, etc!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by isaacfalls, Sep 5, 2013.

1. isaacfalls

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hi hi new message board!

well this is it. this is where i wow you with my presence and gain friends by introducing myself and being all "hey" and then you're all "hey" back and okay. i have never been good at this as is evident in this post thus far so to distract from my current ineptitude here is a picture that roughly represents me in personality

[​IMG]

okay. but really.

i don't use caps often because quick blogging has got me into this habit but i s2g i have two BAs, one in History and the other in Sociology & Anthropology, and i have worked exhaustively in women's rights, sexual assault prevention and awareness, lgbt rights, and immigrant rights programs. my heart is really with lgbt youth and issues facing sex workers. i am an intersectional feminist, bordering on radical feminism minus any "trans* critical" aspect. and i hope that while i'm figuring some things out career wise in my life i can help others with what i've learned over these years and get some support and community myself.

as a lesbian, my background is a bit muddled.

1. tried things out with my bestie at 14
    2. bestie told basically everyone and i slithered into a hidey hole
    3. around 16 i thought about it again and thought why maybe i'm not straight
    4. at 19 one my best friends came out to me as queer and i was like "whoah is that okay?"
    5. i was bisexual and then queer for basically all of college
    6. but after about 2 sort of unfulfilling relationships i sort of got introspective
    7. at 24 i told my current best friend that i think i'm just a flat out lesbian and he was like "yeah that makes sense, can we go i'm really hungry and pub burgers are calling my name."
    8. i'm 25 and still a bit squeaky and new at coming out and whatever and i've never had a queer/homosexual relationship, just physical trysts
    9. but i've been on 2 dates with a real cutie and have my 3rd tomorrow so maybe!

so basically, i'm still kinda coming out and i kinda think that it's really a process that you never totally complete. coming out is just queer life, ya'know? we're always finding out something about ourselves and developing. it's the coolest part about being in a culture of so many different types of people.

anyway~~ i've talked way too much. so, hello!

2. MsH

MsH

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello. (!) Your post was fantastic. Especially the pic. So... hello. :smilewave

3. lovely lesbian

Hi! Welcome xx

4. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC (*hug*) :smilewave