1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. It's just me.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by purplekitty, Sep 18, 2013.

1. purplekitty

Hello! I found this forum a week ago and I've been reading a bunch of threads, so I figured I'd join. Since this is an introductory thread, I guess I should give you some background info about why I joined. I used to be mostly asexual, but about a year ago I started finding both males and females aesthetically pleasing to a much higher degree than I was used to. I recently decided to do some research about the LGBTQIA community to learn about all the gender identity and sexuality terms. While researching, I found this site and noticed the nice community. I decided to join in the hopes that I could learn more about myself. I think I'll need to make a separate thread about my questions though; there are too many of them for this one!

Now enough of my rambling. Hello! :icon_bigg

2. lovely lesbian

Hello! Welcome hope you enjoy xx

3. pippi

Hello Purplekitty! Welcome to EC!

4. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC :grin: :smilewave(*hug*):grin:

5. Ceruleann

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  6. purplekitty

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm actually kind of nervous because I've never talked about this stuff with other people before. But you all look like a great group!

7. purplekitty

Okay nervous is actually an understatement. After the first intro post, I have frozen up and can't seem to find the courage to make new threads and ask questions. I'm used to figuring out this stuff on my own and my introvertness is making it really hard to reveal something so personal. I just keep thinking that I haven't figured out enough about myself to ask coherent questions. Or that it's just too complicated to explain everything in a text post and that nobody will care enough to read it all. Or that I'm just over-obsessing over labels and should just let the issues go and be how I've always been. But I can't just let go; my brain loves labels and isn't going to let this go until it finds what it wants (whatever that is).

8. Mysz

Threads can get very personal without actually giving personal information away. Whether the thread is a ginormous paragraph or a sentence, people will take time to read and help if they can =) That's why I love this place. Sure you'll ease into it after a while.

9. purplekitty

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'll just browse the site and talk in chat threads until I get comfortable enough to ask questions.