1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just want to say hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by arielgirl, Sep 21, 2013.

1. arielgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone here. I'm a Male to Female transgender woman. I came out to my wife of 20 years a month ago and my brother and his wife yesterday. I am in my late 40s and I have 2 daughters in their early teens. I am so afraid and unsure about how to proceed or even if what I have done is going to help me. I have suffered with major depression and anxiety almost all my life - one crisis after another in the last 4 years. I am getting support but I am in a panic now. Nothing really negative has been said to me but I don't know what to do about disclosing to my kids. My wife is terrified about me transitioning and has told me how selfish it would be and that I would hurt our children by doing it. Our marriage has been in trouble for a number of years. Her family are religious zealots and would surely want me to be "cured". She is worried about the pressure on her she will get from her family. I talked about a separation but she is worried about my safety living alone and the financial strain it would put on us. I am in such despair and confusion right now. I have only recently started experimenting with my appearance mostly in private away from the home in my art studio. I feel like I'm living a dual life and it is exhausting already. I want to finally honor my female self but I have been feeling afraid of hurting and breaking up my family. I am a very dependent person and feel so afraid that if I transition I will not have the strength or the support to do this at home. I am very worried about our future as a family.

2. lovely lesbian

Hi! Welcome x

3. ukbrunette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Welcome to EC. You sound like you're in a really difficult situation at the moment and I hope you can find some of the support you're looking for in this forum. Check out the different categories on the forum to see if there is a thread more specific to your issues. However don't forget there will always be people here for you, to hopefully brighten the dark times even a little. Stay strong :slight_smile: xx

4. arielgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for the welcomes.
    ukbrunette, I will check out the forums and thanks for those kind words and encouragement :slight_smile:

5. toushirojaylee

Welcome to EC!Hope everything will be fine soon..