1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi folks

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KyleStyle, Sep 25, 2013.

1. KyleStyle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm joining here because of some intense bigotry I was dealing with on another site seems to be for gay men and no one else anymore. From what I've seen, this site seems more open to the other options and more respectable to humanity in general. In essence, I cannot tolerate intolerance of any sort. I hope you all feel the same.

That's out of the way, so how about who I am? Bear with me while I tell you a giant and completely unnecessary story :lol:. My name's Kyle and I'm 26. I just came out earlier this year (took me a while) as bisexual after dealing with a terrible divorce the previous year. Don't sweat about that last part, because I'm over it and happy that it happened now. It did help me discover who I really am (or at least partially), which I am grateful for. It took some time and the support of my ex-boyfriend (that lasted about 3 months this year), but I eventually felt comfortable enough to come out to friends and family.

Now onto specifically why I'm here instead of on that... other... site. Firstly, I got a lot of flak about bigoted stereotypes regarding bisexuality. I guess I was supposed to be either gay or straight and bisexuality doesn't really exist. So I dealt with that for a while and kept wondering why I was staying at all anymore. What ended up making me search for support elsewhere was that bisexuality isn't all there is to me. I'm male, but I identify as female on the inside. I am not out about that to anyone, much less a bunch of pricks who can't even wrap their heads around bisexuality. So here I am. I hope y'all work differently here, because I honestly need the support.

My main issue is that I am still struggling with that gender identity. I've always known it was a part of me, but I don't know how to handle it at all. I also don't want to tell anyone, even if I do otherwise trust them. So my real goal here is to help discover what's going on with me while integrating with a new community.

Sorry for the large post, but that's all that's been on my mind lately. I felt like I had to throw it up somewhere, so why not in an introduction post here? Now everyone here will know me that much better. (!)

2. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome x:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Cerith23

Hi :slight_smile: I joined this site for reasons similar to yours about bisexuality: people seem to accept and celebrate it a bit more on here, and I haven't gotten any crap about (personally) still trying to figure myself out in regards to it. Nice to meet you, fellow pissed off bisexual. I hope you find the support you need in regards to your gender identity on here as well :slight_smile:

4. Mysz

Bisexuality celebration day was pretty recent =) Seems like the people of that other site have never heard of it. Welcome to EC! I'm sure after some time here, you can come to germs with your gender identity.

5. SilverSnow

Hello,
    I'm glad to see you here too!

6. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

7. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Welcome to EC Kyle!

8. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!