1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SilverMist111, Sep 28, 2013.

1. SilverMist111

Hello everyone, I am SilverMist111, although you can shorten it if you like, and this is my story.

A bit about me:
    I am very interested in math and science, especially physics, and I want to go to MIT for college.
    My favorite color is blue. XD
    I like Canada much better than where I live, the US.
    I watch (too much) anime, and I enjoy drawing. (otakus I know label me tsundere, which sucks (even though it is kind of true...), if anyone knows what that means)
    I am socially awkward for more reasons than one.
    I live life for the fun of it, even though I consider myself a good student, and should care more about school. :roflmao:

But on to the real story, instead of just some random facts. XD

I always knew on some level that I wasn't straight, I mean, when I was in kindergarten one of my favorite questions to ask people older than I was was why two girls couldn't marry each other. At the same time, though, I used to fantasize about everything and anything relating to boyfriends & girlfriends, and princess weddings. :slight_smile:

In fourth grade, I discovered the concept of sexual orientation, but I was always taught that you were either straight, or gay/lesbian. There was no in between.

I spent a few years flip-flopping between the two, whenever I got a new crush I would change, based on who said crush was, and whether they were a girl or boy.

That actually hurt a lot more than it should have because I thought that I was the problem, and that there was something wrong with me, but the problem was in fact the principal of my school at the time (she was incredibly biased, but they had to talk about it because of issues in the higher grades.)

A little later, I end up actually doing some research, but technical definitions confuse me for a bit, so I just choose the all-encompassing title of queer for myself. *shrugs*

But that is only for a short while, until I finally figure out what bisexual means. I look back at myself and the people I like/have a crush on/am attracted to (these three have slightly different meanings in my view :slight_smile: ), and literally start crying because there is a third category for me to fall into, I don't have to shove myself into one or the other.

I felt relieved to discover the label, and figure out what I really was. However, my mother is more than a little bit homophobic, she thinks that non-straight people are weird and different and strange and you are as well if you associate yourself with them. (I don't think my dad has a view on this, if he does, I don't know what it is.)

So I've tried to bury this part of me as much as possible, and for a while I convinced myself that I had no attraction to anyone, period.

But lately, I've been feeling like I can't keep it down any longer, so I came out to my best friend, and she has been nothing but supportive to me, and I think she is the greatest friend ever, and I love her in a non-awkward way.

As much better as telling her made me feel, I still feel nervous about my parents and other friends finding out. But I guess I have some time, I'm only 13...

I'm happy to have discovered this site though, and I hope you will have me. :slight_smile:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!
    I'm also new-ish to the forum.
    Maths and physics are my fav subjects too :grin:
    It's really good that you seem to be happy and comfortable with who you are. You're also really lucky that you've gotten to the stage where you're sure so young... You still have heaps of time to experience some amazing teenhood experiences :slight_smile: Unlike me, who's finishing highschool in 2 weeks :frowning2: (I'm 17)

If you're parents love you for who you are, and are open-minded, I'm sure they'll be supportive of you :slight_smile:

3. lovely lesbian

Hi welcome xxx

4. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

5. ItalianBlueEyes

Hey Silvermist :smilewave

Awesome username, by the way. Like the fairy from the tinkerbell movies, right? :lol: I used to have such a crush on every disney princess/fairy/female talking inanimate object. You can probably draw them much better that my seven-year old fanart, though.

TOTAL agreement that crushing sucks. Straight girls are bad enough, but then there'll be a random guy... and then you're confused all over again. :dry:

Anyyyyway, Welcome to closet world :slight_smile: