1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Blackie, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Blackie

Blackie Guest

Hi,

Just thought I should say a bit about myself here seen as I've joined now, I spent some time before without an account just viewing the forum as a guest but decided to finally join.

I'm 16 and I think I'm gay, I've only come out to two people. One just after my 15th birthday and the other just last week, both were very kind and understood but both also quite shocked. I think they were quite shocked because I'm not really into any of the stereotypical things you would expect. Also the area we live in (North Devon) probably made it a bit more of a surprise. Anyone from the UK will know Devon, especially North, isn't exactly gay central and is quite a traditional area where people's views are not really as understanding as other areas of the country.

I sort of slowly ignored being gay and didn't think about it for a year or so but I have just started my A-Levels and met quite a few new people, one gave me butterflies as soon as I met him which got me thinking about it again and got me looking on the internet about being gay, landing me here!

2. Wells

Wells Guest

Welcome :grin:.
    I know Devon. I can imagine what the LGBT community is like there too...
    Anyways, good luck for... your... A-levels...

3. Blackie

Blackie Guest

The problem with the LGBT Community here is that there just isn't one sadly, and thanks for the good luck :lol:

4. Californiacoast

Well, I don't know Devon or what A levels are, but I know what growing up in prep school in a rural area in Mississippi was like, and it sounds similar! Enjoy the forums here. I think you will like it. :smilewave

5. lovely lesbian