1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally finding it in me to say hi.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by badwolf13, Sep 29, 2013.

1. badwolf13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, finally after having signed up a couple of days ago I'm going to try actually interacting with people a bit. (I have some issues with social anxiety that make it hard for me to actually speak to other people even online.) So, hello! I really hope I actually stick with this and start working to better my life.

2. purplekitty

Hello. Welcome to EC! There are lots of nice, understanding people here, so take your time to get comfortable.

3. badwolf13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the welcome. I hope you're right!

4. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome xxx

5. petitebrunette

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi. I used to have social anxiety as well. Still do but not to the same severity as before (I used to visibly shake :/ ). It's a very friendly site though so I'm sure you'll do just fine

6. penguin machine

You'll be very welcome here. I suggest that the best thing you can do, even more so than offering a comment, is to read the posts. There's a lot of discussion and learning going on here. So take the opportunity to dip into the lives of other people, learn their problems, witness their triumphs, and offer some advice if you feel you have some insight :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC

7. badwolf13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the kind words. I have the shaking problem too, and a very mild speech impediment that comes out, I start to sweat and panic. I'm trying to find a way to improve my own level of anxiety. I guess that's part of what I'm hoping this will help me with, interacting with other people even if it is only online. One step at a time. It's always good to hear about people that have overcome the anxiety. It gives me hope that there's still a chance for me to end up meeting people in life.

I'm already finding that this is very true. Just reading about the experiences of others is very helpful in many ways. It's a very unique kind of community, I'm realizing. In my experiences across the vastness that is the internet I don't think that I've come across anything quite like it.