1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Reddy, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I thought that I would finally join today after lurking around here for some time.

I am a quiet and very closeted bisexual man who is married with two of the sweetest children a guy could ask for. My four year old and my nine month old are what get me from day to day.

I am in the Canadian Army and have spent the last thirteen years serving at 1 Combat Engineer Regiment in Edmonton. Believe me, despite the fact that CFB Edmonton was the first military base in North America to fly the pride flag, this is not the kind of place to come out. I have served in both Bosnia and Afghanistan.

I like art and music and enjoy drawing and playing the violin. I also read voraciously. I enjoy literature, poetry, art, political and military history as well as political and artist's biography. I also read in latin and classical greek and have spent a lot of time reading authors like Catullus, Horace, Virgil, Ovid and Homer. I have also dabbled in old and middle english and very much enjoy its poetry.

I also enjoy woodworking and have numerous home renovation projects on the go in addition to a violin that I am building. I have no interest in team sports but do take an interest in outdoor sports like shooting, archery, hunting, fishing, canoeing and camping.

Anyway, I could go on, but that is enough about myself. I look forward to participating in these forums...good day!

2. Purrnalist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's one fine list of interests right there (in other words, I share all of them). I wish I could've studied latin and classical greek myself, perhaps one day... I'm new here myself but I wish you welcome anyway. Enjoy your stay!

3. ruby7799

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well hello too! I am also new here my name is nick. And you seem very accomplished so far also your hobbies seem real cool to i mean all i can do is cook and play video games but what else are 14 year olds supposed to do???

4. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

5. lovely lesbian

6. bigeagle

Hi Reddy... and welcome to EC. You sure have a fine list of interests! When you say your bisexual, have you had recent experiences with guys?

7. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all for the welcome.

Purrnalist, the latin I studied at university but the greek I took on while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I spent most of the tour in an isolated and very austere camp and needed something to occupy myself. I found that Schoder and Horrigan's text was very good and reasonably well suited to self-tutoring. Try it...it is possible!

Bigeagle, yes I do have (relatively) recent experience. Was in a FWB type of situation for a while until he got posted to the other side of the country.

One reason for joining is that I have never told my wife or family about this side of my sexuality. I managed yesterday to speak to a counsellor about it at the base mental health clinic but that was very much a first, and very difficult.

8. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)