1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am a Lesbian

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by surferchick, Oct 1, 2013.

1. surferchick

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys,

So this is something I have been struggling with for awhile. I've always been like one of the guys and was never really girly. When I was younger I only shopped in the boys section for clothes, but I have been attracted to both men and women. I just don't really have anyone to talk to so any help is appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. Thequeenstruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First off I want to say hi. And secondly i relate to what your saying i have always been "one of the guys" and sometimes im glad i have a lot of guy friends, truthfully sometimes they are easier" i also have always been attracted to both men and women but after doing some self searching i came to the realization that yes i do find guys attractive but i could only ever see myself in any type of relationship with femalea. So i think and this is just my opinion that it has little to do with what you cloth yourself in or what you surround yourself with but more with how you feel about people be the female or male.
    Did that help at all? Or did I ramble a little, i feel like I rambled.

3. surferchick

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah thanks! i mean i have kinda of always thought about women but everyone made it seem like i have to be with men you know so now i am just confused about the feelings i have now.

4. Thequeenstruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know what you mean. I consider my self fairly secure but there are still times that i find myself wondering if it would be easier if i was straight and if i really am the oh so feared L word. You know... a lesbian. :wink: but when such thoughts occur i just do my best to be me and to not let what is "easier" dictate my life.

5. surferchick

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so if you don't mind me asking what did you do when you first knew you were?

6. Thequeenstruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Denied it, accepted, denied, and continued that cycle for a long time. Eventually though i found myself accepting it more then denying. I have uet to come out due to the fact that I have little hope that my parents will take it well and so i am waiting until i am a little more idenpendent to come. But i digress.
    When i first really REALLY realized that i might be gay i pretty much made a altered pro and con sheet (instead of pro con it was gay not gay) and i tried to figure out which box i fit into. It sounds silly now, but it actually helped me.

7. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, welcome to EC!
    I'm somewhat a tomboy too, I used to be really bad when I was a kid, now I'm getting better, no more random baggy clothes but I still lean towards male clothing style. And just like you I'm both into men and women, just as much actually.

You'll find out in time, and in the meantime, hope you like it here :slight_smile:

8. surferchick

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the help! All this is just so confusing my brain is going crazy lol

9. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

10. lovely lesbian

Hi welcome xxx

11. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I questioned for nearly 3 years (or more of didn't want to accept the fact for 3 years). I think i always had a feeling in my gut but i never chose to accept the possibility until now
    I was also "one of the guys" and heck, I was also the captain of our predominantly male robotics team. I had a boyfriend at one point but it never felt right and i didn't want to reject him because he was so sweet. I wanted to tell my best friend for a few years and over the summer this year i finally told her what i was struggling with. Saying it aloud makes it easier to deal with and more real because at that point I couldn't deny it.

I think the main clue, aside from the little signs i tried to ignore, was that at night whenever i tried to think of my future, having a husband didn't feel right.

Good luck :slight_smile: