1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction (slightly long)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Hunna, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Hunna

Hi, I'm an 18 year old college freshman who has grown up in a very small conservative town in eastern Kansas and came out in a well... interesting way... After being in college just over a month, I came out to my ex girl friend of over a year. From there a week later I told my parents and little sister (which they handled well.) A few days after I talked with my ex she told a close friend thinking it would be able to stay in between them. However, small town style, the word spread like crazy and every one in the town I've known and grown up with for years (including my aunt and uncle) found out through word-of-mouth without me being able to tell them personally. My ex is still in love with me and doesn't understand why she was not enough. I don't think my mom completely believes/accepts my sexuality, and I'm honestly feeling like I've been thrown into the waters without being taught how to swim first. So I've joined this website to further explore my sexuality and find people with similar stories to talk to because I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed right now. Being from the town I'm from I don't have to many people who can relate to me. I consider myself a extremely positive person and I know things will get better and I look forward to talking with some of you guys in the future! Sorry for the long intro... it's just been a unique and interesting month for me.

2. Californiacoast

Welcome Hunna!

Well, in a word that sucks. I can kinda relate in that word got back to my small town in Mississippi and I was suddenly getting calls from ex girl friends and a guy on my old football team that were like, WTF? Just hang in and be tru to yourself. They ended up still caring bout me or moving on. You will be just fine and make a whole new set of friends in college based on the tru you. Very exciting!(!)

3. Hunna

Yeah it does in a way really suck. Something I was not 100 percent comfortable with blew up in my face. But hey, I never really liked the town and was not planning on coming back often anyways. I'm in contact with like three people and if the others don't understand or accept it... for lack of a better word...Fuck 'em. I'm taking things way slower in college but I've already made a good group of friends... now just have to figure out the right ways to tell them :icon_bigg

4. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!