1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Case, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    Hi, I'm a broke college grad working a weird job as a wilderness instructor. I joined this site because I've been having some feeling and thoughts that I don't really understand and it's become more so this past year. I've always been accepting of every type of person in the world because I think people are fascinating. I come across as shy but I just like people watching and learning. I like being well informed about different people and their cultures, and the LGBT community is no different. My best friend is Bi and I have a good friend that is Gay, but I can't talk to either of them about my growing confusion because I'm scared. I don't really understand if my feelings are real or if I'm just curious because it is something different or new. I also, remember that I haven't had a boyfriend since high school, and I never had a serious relationship or felt a connection to any guys I have ever met. Which, gets me thinking. So, I'm just looking to hear other stories or similar experiences. I'm really troubled by this and I just need to figure it out. I hate not knowing myself, because I always thought I did. Sorry, that was really long.

So, hi everyone. That was my soap.

2. UIOP

Hi Case! Welcome to Empty Closets! What's great about EC is that there are so many of us who have felt/feel a similar way to you. Hopefully, we can help you :slight_smile:

3. Case

Thank you, I hope to figure this out. I need all the help I can get :slight_smile:

4. srslywtf

Hey! This is a great place to figure out confused feelings :slight_smile:

5. Fiddledeedee

Welcome to EC, Case! I hope you enjoy your time here. :slight_smile: May I ask what you do as a wilderness instructor?

6. lovely lesbian

Hello welcome

7. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome. I've only been here for a couple of days and I'm already feeling welcomed and accepted. I think this is a great place to help you figure everything out.

8. Case

Thanks. I already like it here. Yeah, I love talking about it. I work with youth from 11 to 18. Most are at-risk youth from urban areas. I co-lead 20 to 28 day canoeing or backpacking expeditions. Its pretty awesome, and it's a big change and life experience for the students. I teach a lot of basic skills to the students. By the end of the course they are running the day navigating, cooking, building fires, and setting up our new campsites every night. Since I work with at-risk youth I have to also be a sort of life-skills instructor too. So I teach leadership skills, self-confidence exercises, decision making/goal setting skills, etc.

Besides that, the areas I do courses in are amazing. I like to drop a lot of knowledge about the history and ecology of the areas too. It's a lot of fun, but can be stressful. Doesn't pay much, but it's enough to get by.:icon_bigg

9. Fiddledeedee

Wow, that sounds great! Please consider coming to England someday. Even things like Girl Guides here don't necessarily teach that much.

10. Case

I will. I love traveling if I can ever save up enough money. Is Girl Guides an outdoor organization in England?

11. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

12. Fiddledeedee

Girl Guides is what we call our Girl Scouts. Added alliterative appeal, or something like that.

13. Case

Uh okay. Well, if you are interested in the outdoors or guiding, some colleges have outdoor rec majors. I didn't know this until after I already graduated. Also, there are a lot of international outdoor organizations, like Outward Bound, that do courses for all ages if you are interested. It can be expensive though.