1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing your partner to cancer

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by got2beme, Oct 31, 2013.

1. got2beme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    11 days ago I lost the love of my life 7 days after he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I am having a flood of emotions and a tough time dealing with the worst experience in my life. Any words of wisdom?

2. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I'll pray that you find courage to deal with your feelings and find your way into the light so that others might follow you. Sorry, for the both of you!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read shorter sentences but fewer with the impact of yours!

No words of any wisdom could say how deeply sorry we are for your loss. The key thing now is not to be alone, if you can help it, seek the company of friends and lean on them a little, or a lot for comfort, and, second, talk about him, tell us what he was like.

Your job now, is to mourn and to let him go, to tell his story and the story of who you were together.

We're here to listen...welcome to EC!

4. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im so sorry to hear about what happened to your partner. I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now, but as hard as it is, please hang in there. Were all willing to help if you need anything or just want to talk. Please stay strong. We're all here for you if you need us. Welcome to EC.

5. toushirojaylee

Im sorry to hear that. I dont know how you feel but I'm sure its so sad to be left behind by the one you love most. Be strong. If you need someone to talk to we are here for you. Welcome to ec by the way..

6. biT3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi.
    There isn't much in this world that causes an old drag queen to be unsettled, but one word can do it, i.e., "C" word.
    Am a survivor of two bouts with it..( kidney & skin ).... not cool, not at all.
    So, what I am saying is " I truly feel your pain " and having lost friends & relatives to cancer & AIDS...I know how deeply it can hurt...burn, stab.
    Please know that here, there are so many really sensitive folks who stand ready to help, albeit in small ways, you in your hour of sorrow.
    I have a feeling that your coming here, under such stress, will perforce help others as well as yourself.
    wow, it is so hard to reach out & comfort anyone in a circumstance such as this!
    please know I send you a shower of tiny blue flowers, to rain down on your head in peace.
    hope you will stay around...