1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from South Florida

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by alex1185, Nov 7, 2013.

1. alex1185

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey World,

Well I'm not exactly sure where I should begin. I'm a 28 year old guy from South Florida dealing with some sexuality issues. Gay? Straight? Bi? Who knows. I bounce back and forth all the time. Some days I'm all gay, some days I'm all straight, and other days I'm completely asexual with no interest in any gender. I don't feel like I know who I am. I don't feel like I can relate to very many people. I want nothing more than to be comfortable in my own skin and to have the confidence that I deserve.

Here's some history. Maybe someone can help me connect the dots.

-I've been diagnosed with having Bipolar II disease.

-I was molested when I was 9 by my older brothers best friend(male).

-I was extremely overweight for the majority of my life, and have recently (2-3 years) lost a significant amount, however the negative self esteem hasn't changed.

-I come across as someone with tremendous confidence, a positive outlook, and a pleasant demeanor. Personally, I feel the complete opposite.

I really don't like this teetering feeling. I'm walking a tightrope and all I want to do is fall. It doesn't matter to which side. I just want to fit in. Somewhere.

Cheers!

-Alex

2. GayNerd

Hi and welcome to EC! :grin: :wink: :slight_smile:

I'm sorry you've had to go through so much. (*hug*) If you need to talk to someone, I'm here. (*hug*)

3. CupcakeKisses

Hey Alex1185! Welcome to EC!

Lot's of love from Canada!

4. lovely lesbian

5. BiNick

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey alex. I can relate to you because I was moleseted when I was a child as well. It ate at me and ate at me and I would think day after day "I'm gay I have to be" But then one day I met this guy and he was willing to help me figure it out. So I experimented with him and turns out I like men :grin: but I also like women so I'm bi but still. Try to experiment if you are so confused about it. It really helped me.

6. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!