1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new boy here..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by selfboy, Nov 10, 2013.

?

does the word homophbia scare you?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2013.
  1. yes

28.6%
  2. no

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok so im gay but cant handle it ... i dont beleive being gay is wromg but i domt want to be a dissapointement to my family. I live in b****e kentucky and its population is 259 people. Ther are no gay/bi wutever people here so i cant cope with this. I feel this magnetism that i will never get out and every night i cry because i know im not who everyone wants me to be. My dad walked out on my mom before i was born and my sister died 3 years ago. My mom keeps telling me that she expects lots of grandchildren when im older(im only 14)but i really cant..
    I jus dont want to dissapoint her bcuz she and everyone else in this town is homphobic and i cant take it. In school everyone tells me i should date my bestfriend that is a girl and she even told me that she likes me but i dont want to break her heart by telling her im gay plus she just HATES gays. Please please help me ... ive been putting off makeing an accoumt on here for some while. Thses suicidal thoughts are taking over me ....:bang: BEING ONLY 14, GAY, AND HAVING ALL OF THIS PRESSURE ON MY BACK

2. CupcakeKisses

The word homophobia scares the crap out of me. Homophobia is one of the many things that's wrong with this world.

Hold your head high selfboy, things will get better!

Lots of love,
    J

3. Ticklish Fish

Well, just because people tell you and a girl should date doesn't mean you should do it, and I commend on your decision. Dating friends could or could not break a friendship, and sometimes it's better to gain a friend than lose one.

And welcome to EC! Feel free to discuss concerns and troubles that is bothering you with EC!

4. GayNerd

Hi, buddy.. (*hug*)

I know things seem bad right now. And yes, I hate the word homophobia. But if you have any cousins that live in a different city or even state, see if you can move in with them. You'll have to come out to your family, but if these cousins of yours are accepting of gay people, seize the moment. You do deserve better than this. You have taken the time to accept your sexuality, and you should live in a safe place.

If you don't have any cousins in different cities or states, try to see if you and your immediate family can nove somewhere else safe. You can say that this new place has better jobs and/or better schools and stuff. You should be telling the truth about the new place as well though, because your family might suspect something.
    I hope this helps. Best of luck to you. :newcolor:

5. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well homophobia scares me but the act of it not the actual word.

Maybe if your mom knew you were gay then she would be more excepting of gay people. She can also reassure her that their still is the option of grand kids through adoption or surrogacy if YOU want to do that in the future.

This site is very helpful and I'm glad that you decided to sign up. It took me a while of going online but never actually making an account and when I did, I found that everyone here is great and helpful.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings from another Kentuckian! Hopefully EC can provide you the support you're having trouble finding in your hometown. Feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk (*hug*)

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, I also grew up in the middle of nowhere, in fact, it wasn't a city, just a rural route in northern Michigan. It was hard, but I made it to college, and bigger cities, and things were easier. I know the internet isn't anything like RL, but it can be a great place to make friends and get support.

I grew up before the net was really in use...so it was especially lonely, in that way.

You can find some really nice people here, hope you decide to stay!

8. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the replies i honesty wasnt expecting to get anything.
    .. and yeah i hope this website helps me too :}

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2013 at 01:16 PM ----------

I hate kentucky but atleast im not the only one here :slight_smile:thanks

9. biggayguy

Homophobia is just a word. It's the idea behind the word that scares me. That people think they have a right to treat others different from them in a hateful manner.That's what scares me.

10. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Scares me to even think

11. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome :slight_smile:! People here are great, you can always find someone to talk to if you need it.

12. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.
    It's okay, dude; there are many other kids in similar situations (including me, since I'm also 14) who are here to help!
    I don't like the word homophobia- when I look at it, it makes me think of people running away from homosexuals ("Eek! It's a gay person! I'm so scared!!1!") and people who are scared of things being the same. (Or maybe a fear of the homo genus itself; how would that work?!) I wouldn't say the word scares me, though.

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exactly¶¶¶

15. Nyarlathotep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know living in a small town can be hard, but you should never feel bad for being gay and there are lots of people in the same situation. This site is really helpful. I also dislike the word homophobia for pretty much the same reason as Morgan Freeman, my all-time favorite actor. Welcome to EC!

16. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!