1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allriiiiight.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by albatross, Nov 16, 2013.

1. albatross

Hey everyone! I figured I maybe should introduce myself, since I'm new 'round these parts.

I have quite recently, actually, realized that I'm not straight! (!) I guess technically bisexual, but I also realized that don't like labels and I don't like being put into boxes. So for right now, I either say just not straight or no label. I grew up as a fairly conservative Baptist, but within the last few years I've realized that I don't necessarily believe in basically any of that stuff anymore. Once I was able to let my pretty deeply ingrained beliefs go I've been able to really embrace this part of me that I think I've actually known for a long time, but was too scared to admit. It took me realizing that making myself fit into this cookie cutter mold of a person to make everyone else happy and comfortable wouldn't necessarily make me happy. At this moment of accepting myself fully I can say that I'm happier than I have been in years and I feel like I'm starting to come into my own! (YAY!!)

So I'm excited to be a part of this community online and I hope that it will help me to strengthen my resolve to be more open about my non-straightness! Thanks y'all!!

2. CammieConfuzed

Welcome~ Glad you joined us on EC. ^^ Hope everything goes well for you, many people are open to talk and help you through anything you'd like~

3. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

4. Fiddledeedee

Hello and welcome, Albatross! May your flight here be good. :slight_smile:

5. English Frenchman

10 Points to Gryffyndor for using the name Albatross! You may or may not be aware, but it’s a poem by Baudelaire, one of my favorites!

I may not be the first to welcome you to the website, but I suppose I’ll have to make up for that in the quality of this welcome, won’t I?

Bravo. Simply Bravo. For one to reach the conclusion that we are not what society wants us to be is simply amazing. You have gone through the dark and have come out the other side, sort of like Plato in his Banquet. You have seen the light (The truth) but instead of being blinded by it and wanting to go back into the cave from whence you came, you embraced it. Bravo again.

Many are the people on this website who’ve grown up in very religious environments - myself included. My Father is a die hard Catholic. We’ve been to the Vatican. I had quite deep-rooted belief that being homosexual would get me in Hell. Thank God Pope Benedict left and we are blessed to have such a lovely man, Pope Francis.

Oh, the great feeling of coming out to yourself. Isn’t it great? You just feel so... right. You’re happier, because you’re no longer bottling down these emotions and pretending they don’t exist. So, you’re less irritable and less upset for no reason. Bring on the simple joy of being able to accept yourself for who you are.

Again, let me welcome you this wonderful community. I hope you find here what many others have indeed found - A strong community, that’s accepting of who you are. This is a place where you aren’t the strange girl who likes girls. You’re just the average girl here. Isn’t that what we all crave? Just to be accepted and not have to have people act differently with us? I think so.

If ever you want to have a little chat, do feel free to send me a little message. I’m a chatterbox, as a few previous posters can attest.
    Hope to speak to you soon!

Xoxo.

6. GayNerd

Hi and welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy it here. :grin: (!) (!!)

7. lovely lesbian

8. aloha! welcome to ec :slight_smile: (*hug*)

9. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

10. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC!

11. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  12. albatross

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone!!!
    @English Frenchman
    I've never read the Baudelaire poem, only the Coleridge one! I need to check that out. Also, I was kind of referencing the (Peter Green's) Fleetwood Mac song a teense bit too, because I'm a music geek. (And also just a geek in general.)