1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. *waves*

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bibliophagus, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Bibliophagus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, EC.
    I'm not really sure how much to say here as my personal opinions on nearly everything are in a constant state of flux.
    I suppose I'd best start with the things that seem to remain constant. I'm male, gay, a huge nerd and a bit of a bibliophile. I am currently halfway through my twentieth year. I get verbose and circumlocutious when I'm nervous.
    As for less certain things: I tentatively identify as a scientific skeptic; as anarcho-syndical-ish; and as a materialist reductionist. All these are subject to change at any time without warning.
    I enjoy homestuck, minecraft, scifi in general, fantasy in general, and I'll read nearly anything; particularly social histories and commentaries on social phenomena.

I tend to consider myself to be out; but not very open; mainly b/c I'm not very comfortable with talking about such things IRL. I'm not very comfortable talking IRL, period.

I think that probably covers everything that needs to be covered...
    :S

2. English Frenchman

+50 points for Pauli signature! Although, I’m not if you noticed, but it’s “das ist nicht”.

Coming back to my main reason for writing this, welcome to the website! I find EC to be a great tool for joining a community of great people but also to allow yourself to take a good long introspective look at yourself. Hopefully, through the medium of this forum, you will resolve anything that you feel necessary. Or perhaps that’s not your case and you’ve simply decided to join to be part of an LGBT community, from the distant comfort of anonymity online. Either way, it’s a great place for both.
    I, too, am bibliophile. I’m always looking for someone to have a good bit of dialogue with. Hopefully we shall be able to do that in the near future. So, don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Cheers.

3. lovely lesbian

4. Bibliophagus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :icon_redf Whoops! It was a typing error; thanks for catching that; and for the warm welcome. I'd love to talk books; one can never have too many books to read, after all.

5. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!