1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I'm new!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by antimacy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. antimacy

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, but joined to look for some support and new friends. I'm out to my close friends and a few of my more understanding family members, but I don't really know a lot of LGBTQ people. I move between two cities in Ontario, Canada throughout the year so friendships can be rough.

Anyway. I've been trying to get more involved in a community for a while now, so I'm looking forward to meeting all the wonderful people on this board!

2. English Frenchman

Hello there! Welcome to the website - Hopefully you will find the community you’d like to be a part of here. I can attest to the fact that people here are lovely and I am very glad I decided to join. I’m sure it will be the case for you as well.
    If ever you want to talk, don’t hesitate to drop me a shout, yeah? I’m always up for a chat. :slight_smile:

Once again, welcome.

3. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! If you're looking for an in to the community, then you've found the right place! :grin:

4. antimacy

Thank you, English Frenchman and Zooombini!

Any advice on getting started on EC? It's been a long time since I've been a part of an online community, and even back then I wasn't terribly good at it.

5. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally like friending and messaging people. Also I would recommend getting involved in the Fun and Games section and Chit Chat, those are really nice unstressful ways for newcomers to start out. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

6. English Frenchman

I agree with Zooombini on the point of messaging people. However, You first need 10 posts before you can message anyone on their wall. But, don’t spam the chat. Also, your posts in the forum “Fun and Games” don’t count.
    It’s a way for getting people initiated, in some sorts, into the community. Essentially, after 10 posts, you’ve already found someone you’d like to talk to.
    This is the first real online community I’ve been a part of. Being yourself seems to be the best thing.

7. Exemerus

Hello everyone! I am new as well, trying to figure things out and such. I came here mostly for the online community seeing as it is my first. I live in Nevada and am socially awkward so I don't have alot of friends. I would love to message people when I get enough posts and I like people. Also, I happen to give some fairly sound advice.

8. antimacy

Thank you for the advice and information. I appreciate the warm welcome.

And welcome Exemerus! I'm sure we'll both find this community to be a great one.

9. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

10. oneday004

Im new here too... I really like it here, lots of good things go on here. Im from Alberta:icon_bigg , so if you ever wanna chat , Im here